The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #2,717 of 3,203
Quote:
Got one! Thanks a lot.

Ludacris Soul SL150 just arrived. Shipping was fast!

Unfortunately, left driver is defective. 
size]

RMA being processed right now. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2,720 of 3,203
Good deals on Fiio amps:  

Those prices are silly!!

E11 and HifimeDIY Sabre Dac are a great budget combo

$91 for the e17 is criminal lol

Thanks,

:evil:

E 17's are gone.

Well the e10 is still there and for $50 you literally can not find a better DAC/amp. It's usb only but does have a coaxial out. Nice warm sound black background and more power than you'd think. I'm a big fan and I bought it for $75!

Thanks,

:evil:

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #2,722 of 3,203
Quote:
Well the e10 is still there and for $50 you literally can not find a better DAC/amp. It's usb only but does have a coaxial out. Nice warm sound black background and more power than you'd think. I'm a big fan and I bought it for $75!

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

$50 for the E10 is a great deal. Is the one from Buydig definitely the very latest version? I'm thinking of getting the upgrade. The one I have now is not compatible with mic-enabled headphones. Unless I use an adapter or an extension cable, I have to hold down the mic button in order to hear vocals.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #2,723 of 3,203
Quote:
The price for shipping to Canada on Buydig is absurd, oh well. 

Some of the cost, I'm assuming, is for them to take the time to complete the customs paperwork, too.  Granted, I've done such shipments on items of mine that I've sold and it really doesn't take much more than 10 minutes to fully complete.  Also, it depends on their method of shipping.  I'm quite sure that they might be using one of the options that provide for insurance on the shipment.  In that case, I could easily see that the shipping could get to the $50 or $60 range awfully quick.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2,725 of 3,203
The price for shipping to Canada on Buydig is absurd, oh well. 

Some of the cost, I'm assuming, is for them to take the time to complete the customs paperwork, too.  Granted, I've done such shipments on items of mine that I've sold and it really doesn't take much more than 10 minutes to fully complete.  Also, it depends on their method of shipping.  I'm quite sure that they might be using one of the options that provide for insurance on the shipment.  In that case, I could easily see that the shipping could get to the $50 or $60 range awfully quick.

I work in a post office in canada. It takes us 15 seconds to do the paper work on basic tracked shipments.
"What's inside?"
"Sign here"

And even now, most of it can be printed from a standard printer and taped on.

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #2,726 of 3,203
Quote:

$50 for the E10 is a great deal. Is the one from Buydig definitely the very latest version? I'm thinking of getting the upgrade. The one I have now is not compatible with mic-enabled headphones. Unless I use an adapter or an extension cable, I have to hold down the mic button in order to hear vocals.

What's the difference in versions and how would we know? Is it serial# based? 

I bought it from buydig a few months ago when it went on sale too.. use it daily at work ever since.

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #2,727 of 3,203
I work in a post office in canada. It takes us 15 seconds to do the paper work on basic tracked shipments.
"What's inside?"
"Sign here"

And even now, most of it can be printed from a standard printer and taped on.

I don't know about shipping packages from Canada, but shipping from the US to any foreign country is a PITA (at least for an average civilian). First, you have to find the right customs form to fill out in quadruplicate. There are different forms depending on the size and weight of what you're shipping and what shipping service you're using. (For example, the USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Medium and Large boxes require a different form than the Priority Mail International Flat Rate Small boxes.) If you're using any shipper other than the USPS, such as UPS or FedEx, you have to include a commercial invoice code identifying the category of product you're shipping and its country of origin (where the product was manufactured). And if you're using FedEx or UPS, there's a chance that the delivery service may neglect to collect import duties when they deliver the product to the recipient, later billing you the sender for those duties. I've had this happen to me on two separate occasions when shipping from the US to Canada, requiring me to spend many hours tracking down the recipient to get reimbursed.

I wish it was as easy as "What's inside?", "Sign here"...

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #2,728 of 3,203
Quote:
I don't know about shipping packages from Canada, but shipping from the US to any foreign country is a PITA (at least for an average civilian). First, you have to find the right customs form to fill out in quadruplicate. There are different forms depending on the size and weight of what you're shipping and what shipping service you're using. (For example, the USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Medium and Large boxes require a different form than the Priority Mail International Flat Rate Small boxes.) If you're using any shipper other than the USPS, such as UPS or FedEx, you have to include a commercial invoice code identifying the category of product you're shipping and its country of origin (where the product was manufactured). And if you're using FedEx or UPS, there's a chance that the delivery service may neglect to collect import duties when they deliver the product to the recipient, later billing you the sender for those duties. I've had this happen to me on two separate occasions when shipping from the US to Canada, requiring me to spend many hours tracking down the recipient to get reimbursed.

I wish it was as easy as "What's inside?", "Sign here"...

So true.  I just had to handle USPS Priority Mail customs forms for a package to Brazil.  While it was on-line, it did take nearly 20 minutes for that package to prepare.  All the declarations, etc., etc.

Now, for the HE-400 headphone deals.  If one selects the headphone for $425.00 via the link, it appears that their shipping cost has to be calculated.  However, in the US, you can choose ground shipping or economy, which is free and takes about 4 days to reach your destination.  But, they also offer a 2-Day FexEx shipping option for $24.##.  If I were considering a used pair from the forum here, I would seriously just purchase a pair from Ebay, as the 2nd owner doesn't have any access to a warranty from HifiMan and it only benefits the primary or original purchaser, who purchased from an authorized vendor.  As the 2nd owner of a pair of HifiMan headphones, I had an issue and had to go through HifiMan.  The transaction for sending the defective pair to them and getting a replacement took about 3 weeks of time.  Plus, it was about $75.00 in fees to get HifiMan to get a replacement pair of headphones to me.  In my case, buying a pair from an authorized vendor would have been a much better move.  It was costly ... in terms of time and additional money that I had to fork over.

Some used HE-400s are still in the $350.00 range here on the forum.  Now, if someone insists on a warranty, then spend the $400.00 and go with one of the authorized vendors who do support this site.  You will get great, professional service and a warranty if anything goes wrong.

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #2,730 of 3,203
Quote:
Those prices are silly!!

E11 and HifimeDIY Sabre Dac are a great budget combo

$91 for the e17 is criminal lol

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

How much does  HifimeDIY Sabre Dac cost in buydig?
I want to buy this DAC for pairing my e11. Do you know where I buy [size=small]Hifimediy Sabre[/size][size=small] USB [/size][size=small]DAC for the cheapest price? Also, what is the lowest price that you have seen? Thank you very much.[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back