The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #2,161 of 3,203
So, as stated on the listing on the Shorelinemusic site, "Sold as-is" actually means "return it if you want to"?  That's good to know. 

I get confused by some of the comments on here about returning phones to Amazon if you don't like how they sound. I would never dream of buying something and then returning it because 'the way it is made is not the way I hoped it would be'.  Is that just a normal thing now? 

I read a review on Amazon of an MP3 download wherein the reviewer was lamenting that they hated the mixing of the album and that since they purchased a download instead of physical media they were sadly unable to return it. My mind went 'poof' that the individual felt that because the way the band and producer wanted the music to sound was not to his liking, he should be entitled to a refund. I think the adage 'the customer is always right' has begun to get a little out of control.

I mean, Sesame Street taught me that when I was a tot:

Kid: How much for the car?
Man: Fifty bucks.
Kid: Will you fix the fenders, light and stuff?
Man: See that sign? It says AS IS. That means you get it exactly the way you see it--AS IS. Fifty bucks, and it's yours.
Kid: Five dollars.

Man: Thirty-five.

Kid: Ten.

Man: Thirty.

Kid: Fifteen.

Man. Sold!
At that, the car promptly falls to pieces.
Kid: I want it AS WAS!

I normally agree but disagree in that instance. I don't think it was Shoreline's intent to sell something broken without the full disclaimer that it's broken. I think when they say as-is, it's there way of telling people not to expect brand spanking new but at least works. With that said, I totally agree whole-heartedly on the amazon idiot. Even if he bought a CD, most retailers would only let you exchange for same item so I don't see how he was expecting to return even the CD if he had it. I worked in retail and most of the time, customers aren't always right and they should take a hike every once in a while. Rant mode : off

Deal portion
MEElectronics A161P 69.99

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2,162 of 3,203
CAUTION RAKUTEN.COM SECURITY BREACH!!!

Anyone who purchased anything from Rakuten.com be on alert for fraudulent charges. Check any of your credit cards ever linked to them. It seems their security had been breached recently. I just found out I was struck with two fraudulent charges totaling $1300 recently. My last and only purchase this year with this CC was from Rakuten. Puzzled I did a quick google and I stumble on this slickdeals link.

HEADS UP GUYS!!!
I got screwed two times. Got a sauce pan instead of a headphone and now this.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6018544-Rakuten-Buy-com-Fraudulent-Use-of-Credit-Card-Info-within-Company

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #2,163 of 3,203
Quote:

Anyone who purchased anything from Rakuten.com be on alert for fraudulent charges. Check any of your credit cards ever linked to them. It seems their security had been breached recently. I just found out I was struck with two fraudulent charges totaling $1300 recently. My last and only purchase this year with this CC was from Rakuten and did a quick google and I stumble on this slickdeals link.

HEADS UP GUYS!!!

http://slickdeals.net/f/6018544-Rakuten-Buy-com-Fraudulent-Use-of-Credit-Card-Info-within-Company

Thanks for the heads up. I recently bought a pair of HD558's from Buy.com/Rakuten.com but so far I haven't seen any fraudulent charges. I read through that link and couldn't find the answer to this question:

What do the charges show up as on your credit card statement? Are they shown as Rakuten.com charges or some other random charge? What did your $1300 worth of fraudulent charges show up as?

Thanks

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #2,165 of 3,203
Quote:

Anyone who purchased anything from Rakuten.com be on alert for fraudulent charges. Check any of your credit cards ever linked to them. It seems their security had been breached recently. I just found out I was struck with two fraudulent charges totaling $1300 recently. My last and only purchase this year with this CC was from Rakuten. Puzzled I did a quick google and I stumble on this slickdeals link.

HEADS UP GUYS!!!

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up. I recently bought a pair of HD558's from Buy.com/Rakuten.com but so far I haven't seen any fraudulent charges. I read through that link and couldn't find the answer to this question:

What do the charges show up as on your credit card statement? Are they shown as Rakuten.com charges or some other random charge? What did your $1300 worth of fraudulent charges show up as?

Thanks

This has already been posted, and you can get more info here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/665933/warning-to-everyone-do-not-purchase-anything-from-rakuten-com-buy-com#post_9488083

The charges are random.

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #2,169 of 3,203
Quote:
When I purchase from  Rakuten I use paypal.

Same here.  It's too bad though, I quite liked buy.com, but this is really bad.  Scary stuff.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #2,170 of 3,203
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #2,171 of 3,203
i got no phony charges, but my cc company warned me info exposed and reissued card. Thanks, rakutan

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #2,172 of 3,203
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #2,173 of 3,203
Quote:
Refurbished Sennheiser Amperiors (Blue) with a 3 month warranty for 147.99 at VM Innovations:

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_46888/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Blue-Refurbished-.html

They also have the new ones (Silver) with a full 2 year warranty for 176.99

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_49391/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Silver-.html

They are an authorized Sennheiser reseller.

Keep being tempted by these, going back and forth between them, DT-1350, M100 and the UE 6000 as a portable.  Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back