The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #1,846 of 3,203
Quote:
If you do the Tenso forwarding service from Japan then you should look at Amazon Japan, prices are somewhat  lower.

The A2000x is currently at about $369.72 add on the Tenso delivery cost of about $40.

The AD2000x is $500 on Amazon Japan, not sure how much Tenso charges would be but $40 would  be my estimate.

TH-600 is $734.85 plus Tenso shipping fees.

When ordering from Amazon.jp, is there an English translation page or do you just go through it kind of blindly. Obviously, have never ordered from Japan directly. Are there articles here on the process?

May 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #1,847 of 3,203
May 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #1,848 of 3,203
The Tenso service is actually quite fast, I have received some Amazon Japan items within a week of ordering them.
http://www.tenso.com/en/

One of the reasons why stuff is a bargain is that the Japanese are keeping the Yen low against other currencies. That makes shopping directly from Japan, and especially Amazon Japan that has low prices, such a bargain.

May 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #1,850 of 3,203
May 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,851 of 3,203
Not sure if anyone posted yet as I keep forgetting to, but Office Depot has some solid sales on headphones going on right now. At the one I work at, I picked up some Koss UR55's for like 22 bucks. Also some of the more "trendy" brands if someone wanted to make an experiment of it. I believe most of it's going through the 25th.

May 14, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,853 of 3,203
Just wanted to double check on those that purchased the refurbished PR401 from Lendmeurears.
I, like many of you, received a Cancellation notice the following day that stated there was limited stock and that my refund was being processed. It was in fact processed and the funds returned. Nothing unusual.

Then unexpectedly, an email arrived last night from them telling me that my order had shipped. It was about 1:00am so I didn't get around to it until now. It included a shipping # and everything. This is confusing because I haven't been charged by the company for anything else, and the tracking shows that the package has left the country. 

Maybe I'm getting one for free, or some other small gift for free as an apology? (seems odd).
Has anyone else had a similar experience with this deal?

May 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,854 of 3,203
Quote:
Just wanted to double check on those that purchased the refurbished PR401 from Lendmeurears.
I, like many of you, received a Cancellation notice the following day that stated there was limited stock and that my refund was being processed. It was in fact processed and the funds returned. Nothing unusual.

Then unexpectedly, an email arrived last night from them telling me that my order had shipped. It was about 1:00am so I didn't get around to it until now. It included a shipping # and everything. This is confusing because I haven't been charged by the company for anything else, and the tracking shows that the package has left the country. 

Maybe I'm getting one for free, or some other small gift for free as an apology? (seems odd).
Has anyone else had a similar experience with this deal?

My situation mimics the others reported in this thread. Got the refund and the cancellation e-mail due to depleted stock. Haven't received anything further.

Sounds like there could have been a mixup in your case. Will have to wait and see.

May 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1,856 of 3,203
Quote:
I got thecancellation email but not the refund =(

You should definitely email them about it if you haven't already. I'm wondering who actually got a successful order. From their email that I got it seems like they only had a few and we are all exploiting the system that apparently didn't stop taking order when they were out of stock.

May 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,857 of 3,203
Quote:
You should definitely email them about it if you haven't already. I'm wondering who actually got a successful order. From their email that I got it seems like they only had a few and we are all exploiting the system that apparently didn't stop taking order when they were out of stock.

None of us knew that they were out, how could we? Not much of an exploit. After getting my refund, I'm really curious to see what comes in the mail now that I go the new email with the tracking number. I'll repost when that happens. 

May 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,858 of 3,203
Maybe you're one of the lucky ones to order it fast enough!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back