The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #1,516 of 3,203
Go the actual Wayfair.com  ->My Account-> Track My Order -> Look Up an Order: fill in your shipping zip code, buyer's last name, recipient's last name and walla you are then directed to a page stating you order a sauce pan and it gives you the same exact tracking number provided by Rakuten.com of which of which is for a headphone.

I'm now concerned because I ordered one as well. I just followed your exact directions, to no avail. I don't see how I'd even be able to track a Rakuten.com order on a site other than Rakuten.com. Following your exact instructions, I receive the following prompt:

"Sorry, we could not find any orders based on the information you entered. Please give us a call at 877-WAYFAIR (877-929-3247) and we can help you out."

In any case, mine are schedule to arrive tomorrow, so I'll lay the speculations aside until then...

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #1,518 of 3,203
Quote:
I'm now concerned because I ordered one as well. I just followed your exact directions, to no avail. I don't see how I'd even be able to track a Rakuten.com order on a site other than Rakuten.com. Following your exact instructions, I receive the following prompt:

"Sorry, we could not find any orders based on the information you entered. Please give us a call at 877-WAYFAIR (877-929-3247) and we can help you out."

In any case, mine are schedule to arrive tomorrow, so I'll lay the speculations aside until then...

That is what I thought too because I have not even order anything from the actual Wayfair site before.

In my case I know will be getting a sauce pan for sure because both FedEX Tracking numbers from both place match. And the order number tracked through Wayfair lists a sauce pan instead of the Phiaton Headphone of which I order through Rakuten.com. Another telling fact is you notice how all the .6 qt sauce pan (the ones being sent out) are sold out. In any case I will try again to contact them tomorrow to refuse package to reduce shipping cost lost and get my refund. According to their website (if I could contact them, been trying the last 2 days) they say will refund the price of the item but not the original shipping cost and most likely the shipping cost from you to them. Hopefully there are exceptions because it's Rakuten and their fault for not fixing the error. 

But hey I could be wrong and you might get a headphone tomorrow. I'm hoping you get a headphone tomorrow.

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,520 of 3,203
Quote:
Those looking for a good deal. Please do so with caution. I've have just been kind of duped into buying a sauce pan from Rakuten.com. I want to kick myself placing the order because I don't even want the headphones that bad to begin with, actually I probably won't even use it and give away as a gift. It was kind of my fault for not reading the description but the damn listing had big prints that said Phiaton MS400 Premium Carbon Fiber Headphones on top and black and red color near button as description and I just placed the order. The damn cart and invoice even states it as a headphone too but they are sending me sauce pan (what makes it worse is that the damn pan cost $20 less on Amazon). I've actually made many attempts to cancel the order after a fellow head member made aware of the sauce description. But it seems Wayfair a seller through Rakuten was intent on sending me a sauce pan because they did not cancel the order. Remember the old saying that if something is too good to be true than most likely it is. One good thing did come of this and thatis to never purchase anything from Rakuten and more specifically Wayfair because if there is an issue than your out of luck.

Sorry for my stupid rant.

While I feel bad for you and your situation, I would not completely blame Rakuten.  I also got a "too good to be true" deal from them on the Sony MDR-1R for $138, but I actually got the cans.  I made sure it was from a reputable vendor though, just like you have to do on Amazon.

I feel bad for you, but good deals can be had from Rakuten, just be careful.  You do have 30 days to return it, so it's not like the situation can not be rectified.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #1,521 of 3,203
if you havent gotten it yet... just refuse shipment and seller has to refund you.

either call the delivery service with tracking number and tell them to return to sender

or when they try to deliver it...tell them you refuse the package and to return to sender

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #1,522 of 3,203
Apr 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #1,528 of 3,203
Quote:

Price not that great. Has hit ~$160 multiple times within last few months

Right, but it's still the lowest price and worth mentioning.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,529 of 3,203
Could You Be More Specific? Did you get the sauce pan in the end? is it pretty? 

That's correct. I received the saucepan (a Frieling - Sitram Profiserie Stainless Steel Saucepan, to be exact), which I suppose I'll gift the misses, since it failed to play back music when connected to my PC. Shame, I know. In any case, I ordered just one unit, and don't want to put up with the hassle of return shipping and awaiting for the refund. I'm past it. Back to the deals. :)

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #1,530 of 3,203
Quote:
it failed to play back music when connected to my PC.

Did you try it balanced or single-ended?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back