The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #631 of 3,203
Quote:
What is the cheapest you guys have found the akg q701/k701/k702 to be?

Pay attention to Amazon Warehouse deals. I picked up a K702 (Yesterday, [sorry Head-Fi only one in stock and I was selfish]) for $228 and according to camelcamelcamel the cheapest it has ever been (on amazon) was $225 for a new set ($200 for the K701). The Warehouse deal was like new with a description that the box was damaged so I'm hoping they aren't a return but are actually a damaged box only. I get them in tomorrow.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #634 of 3,203
"Well, you can get HD600 for [size=small]$299.95 [size=small]at razordogaudio.com. New.[/size][/size]"

Not anymore.Soon after (within hours) of using the code for my hd600's they were removed from the code list along with the hd650's.

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #635 of 3,203
Quote:
"Well, you can get HD600 for [size=small]$299.95 [size=small]at razordogaudio.com. New.[/size][/size]"

Not anymore.Soon after (within hours) of using the code for my hd600's they were removed from the code list along with the hd650's.

I was still able to use the code on the HD600, despite it being on the exception list. Just tried with the HD650s which worked as well.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #636 of 3,203
Quote:

I was still able to use the code on the HD600, despite it being on the exception list. Just tried with the HD650s which worked as well.

Yes,you are correct,even though they are both on the exception list now the code still goes through...Thanks for the correction.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #637 of 3,203
Quote:
Whats the cheapest you guys seen the he-500 go for?

Watch Headphone.com B stock and you see a used pair like once every few weeks for like $549 and they are practically new. Used for less than 30 days and still in new shape. Thats where I bought my He-400's (2nd time) for only $339 with free express shipping and they would easily pass for new. I doubt that they were used for more than a few hours and love them to death. So just monitor the site daily and you'll see them soon enough.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #639 of 3,203
Hey Head-fi'ers

I know we want to support each-other as a community and help each other with bargain hunting, but maybe we want to use a little discretion on some of the exceptions companies like Razor-dog Deals makes.  It seems Sennheiser has been pretty harsh on their pricing restrictions and Razor-dog deals makes quite an effort to advertise that they will not take coupons on Sennheiser products while still offering discounts to individuals.  If they are in fact risking their authorized status or other retribution from Sennheiser I would hate for it to be us that ruins it for them by repeating over and over that they will give these kinds of deals.  Maybe we can start sending PMs to people who are inquiring about HD 600 and 650 prices? Just my 2 cents...

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #641 of 3,203
Quote:
Hey Head-fi'ers

I know we want to support each-other as a community and help each other with bargain hunting, but maybe we want to use a little discretion on some of the exceptions companies like Razor-dog Deals makes.  It seems Sennheiser has been pretty harsh on their pricing restrictions and Razor-dog deals makes quite an effort to advertise that they will not take coupons on Sennheiser products while still offering discounts to individuals.  If they are in fact risking their authorized status or other retribution from Sennheiser I would hate for it to be us that ruins it for them by repeating over and over that they will give these kinds of deals.  Maybe we can start sending PMs to people who are inquiring about HD 600 and 650 prices? Just my 2 cents...

That's a legit point of view.  However, the other side of that coin is by following the current course--and thereby demonstrating to Senn (U.S.) & their vendors how flawed and porous their MAP policy is, and how they are missing sales by artificially propping up prices.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #644 of 3,203
Quote:
Hey Head-fi'ers

This has been widely known on Head-fi for over a year now. If Sennheiser cared surely they would have acted by now. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #645 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Head-fi'ers

This has been widely known on Head-fi for over a year now. If Sennheiser cared surely they would have acted by now. 

I'm not so sure about the strength or (as you suggest) Senn's strength and/or consistency of/in enforcing it.  There seems to be a large number of less than MAP deals that show up on a regular basis.  This is against the backdrop of a policy that has been in place for only about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back