The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #541 of 3,203
This Go-Dap has a recessed 30-pin connector with a curved holder that is for the iPhone.  To use it with a Classic, you would need a 30-pin to 30-pin extender cable of some length because the Classic is too big to fit inside of the curved body.  That still leaves the choice of where to put the Classic when it is attached (velcro to the other side?  Rubber bands?  Not sure about that...)

Thanks for the info. Probably won't work for me without the Classic fitting into the Go-Dap.

Dang!  What happened to all of those red ones?  There were about 12 or 14 of them just a couple hours ago.

Probably eBay flippers.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #542 of 3,203
Quote:
Are these good headphones? Anyone want to chime in on their experience with them?

Gonna browse around the forums to get more info on them. 

Also the A900X are the same price. Is there a distinct "better" headphone between the two?

The a900x are great. I got it from buydig but the refurbished ones. Look brand new, probably just open box. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #543 of 3,203
Quote:
Are these good headphones? Anyone want to chime in on their experience with them?

Gonna browse around the forums to get more info on them. 

Also the A900X are the same price. Is there a distinct "better" headphone between the two?

basically its open ad900 vs closed a900x. The biggest difference between the two is that the open are going to have better sound staging but very weak bass and the 900x are more intimate and with a much much improved bass impact. Personally I think its a no brainier. I bought the a900x. If I wanted an open pair for around that price I'm going with the DT990 pro from Beyer. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-ohm-Studio-Headphones-dt990-250ohm-BRAND-NEW-/111023583774?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item19d985721e

And there you go, Brand new for only $159. They have stronger and better bass than the 900x and better clarity and detail than the ad900's. Of course this is my own personal opinion so do with it what ever you like but to me that's one of the best headphones you can buy and for $159 thats a steal.

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #544 of 3,203
Quote:
basically its open ad900 vs closed a900x. The biggest difference between the two is that the open are going to have better sound staging but very weak bass and the 900x are more intimate and with a much much improved bass impact. Personally I think its a no brainier. I bought the a900x. If I wanted an open pair for around that price I'm going with the DT990 pro from Beyer. 

How would you compare the a900x to the Custom One Pro? Especially on the low end..

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #546 of 3,203
Quote:

How would you compare the a900x to the Custom One Pro? Especially on the low end..

I'll let you know later tonight when I get to have some real time with them. The COP's low end is ok as long as you don't push it or leave them on the last bass port. Push them to hard and they push back with bloated muddy bass that is nasty to ones ears. I plan on beating up the a900x's tonight so if they can hang so to speak I'll let you know shortly. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #547 of 3,203
Quote:
Just because of low ohms doesn't mean it doesn't benefit from amping. The amp really clears up the highs, and tightens the bass. No, I don't use any equalizers on my iPhone, or E7.

+1

Not sure why you wouldn't amp any pair that you have?? Only type of amps I would stay away from for lower impedance headphones are tube amps. I had to be careful using a tube amp (EF2A) with my Denon D5K's at first because one little tap and those puppies took off and almost blew my ears balls up!! Out side of maybe a hand full of other headphones I don't see why you wouldn't amp everything you own. If it's a good amp you should see some improvements at any volume so why not?

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #548 of 3,203
http://www.buydig.com/shop/basket.aspx?sku=ATHA900X&act=edt&sks=&cpn=&nc=0

$169 Brand new is a great price for the a900x. They must be trying to make room for something else or just trying to get ride of them. I'm still happy with the refurbished ones I got but I would have gladly paid the extra $40 for the new ones had I known.  
blink.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #550 of 3,203
Quote:
http://www.buydig.com/shop/basket.aspx?sku=ATHA900X&act=edt&sks=&cpn=&nc=0

$169 Brand new is a great price for the a900x. They must be trying to make room for something else or just trying to get ride of them. I'm still happy with the refurbished ones I got but I would have gladly paid the extra $40 for the new ones had I known.  
blink.gif

Bad link

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #551 of 3,203
Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-ohm-Studio-Headphones-dt990-250ohm-BRAND-NEW-/111023583774?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item19d985721e

And there you go, Brand new for only $159. They have stronger and better bass than the 900x and better clarity and detail than the ad900's. Of course this is my own personal opinion so do with it what ever you like but to me that's one of the best headphones you can buy and for $159 thats a steal.

thanks for that i just bought the last pair :)

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #555 of 3,203
For me, if it's over $50 retail, and it doesn't run electric circuits for amping inside the can (beats 'n Bose), I'd amp it. I don't have anywhere near enough money for a tube amp, so I don't have to worry about that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back