The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #3,106 of 3,203
Quote:
Item location is South Florida and listing states buy today ship today. I'll bite and post. Since I'm in mid Florida, should only take a day or two.

Also just left my local Best Buy and UE 4000 $50 and UE 6000 $100. Also HK CL $100

UE6000 for $100?!?! That's bonkers. Not bad at all and for that price its even better. Obviously V shaped but very comfortable and fun sounding. You can do a heck of a lot worst for the money.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #3,107 of 3,203
What would you all suggest for a portable circumaural set - something that can be driven easily, you can lay your head down with, and doesn't look too goofy when worn. Love the X1, but the size of the cups prevents laying down without putting your hands behind your head. Looking for something in addition to the X1.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #3,108 of 3,203
Not sure if this has been posted yet but for those that use MircoSD cards a seller on eBay has 64gb versions for as low as $15.99-$18.99. No idea what the differences are but at that price who cares!

Edit: here's a better link

$15.99 for 64gb MircoSD card with adapter 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Be careful of these. I've heard these are about 50/50 DOA, check the return/refund option first before buying. Big hassle - but... what can you expect for a price like that.

[size=medium][size=small]Warranty[/size][/size]

[size=medium]This item comes with a 14-day warranty from the date you receive the item. Should you have any problems with your item within the first 14-days[/size][size=medium], we'll either replace it or refund your purchase. [/size]

[size=medium]Hmm.....I think I may have to bite unless anybody else has a good deal on more reliable 32 or 64 gb cards[/size]

I bought one of those 64gb cards and it was defective. They are not legitimate SD cards. Legitimate 64gb SD cards are "SDXC", not "SDHC" or "SD" cards. The specification does not allow for "SDHC" cards above 32gb therefore not only are they very low quality and very prone to failures, they won't work with some devices because they do not meet SDHC/SDXC specifications.

Regardless of the return policy I advise everyone to avoid them. Personally I do not think it is worth bothering with returns and non-functioning cards just to get a deal. The chances of you getting a card that works well are slim, regardless of how many times you return it.

Oh, and they aren't class-10 as advertised. That is a lie. They are class-2 at best. They are very slow.

EDIT: Thought I would add some more info-- what these people do is when your card fails they ask you to retract your negative feedback and instead accept a refund. This is why people selling these cards typically have good feedback. If they weren't offering refunds on defective cards they would all have really terrible feedback. If you're willing to take the risk and just get a refund if it doesn't work then go ahead but if you want an SD card that is reliable at all, stay far away.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #3,109 of 3,203
Quote:
What would you all suggest for a portable circumaural set - something that can be driven easily, you can lay your head down with, and doesn't look too goofy when worn. Love the X1, but the size of the cups prevents laying down without putting your hands behind your head. Looking for something in addition to the X1.

V-Moda M-100

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #3,110 of 3,203
Quote:

+1 for the M100 and I'll add the ATH M50. Great sound for a full sized portable setup, especially if you get a pair with removable cable (the stock cable is long, albeit good quality.)

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #3,111 of 3,203
Quote:

Don't laugh - Edition 8 is the only headphone I've seen that meets the above especially the lay head down with.  A little spendy compared to your X1 unfortunately but quite the sweet sound. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3,112 of 3,203
Quote:

I bought one of those 64gb cards and it was defective. They are not legitimate SD cards. Legitimate 64gb SD cards are "SDXC", not "SDHC" or "SD" cards. The specification does not allow for "SDHC" cards above 32gb therefore not only are they very low quality and very prone to failures, they won't work with some devices because they do not meet SDHC/SDXC specifications.

Regardless of the return policy I advise everyone to avoid them. Personally I do not think it is worth bothering with returns and non-functioning cards just to get a deal. The chances of you getting a card that works well are slim, regardless of how many times you return it.

Oh, and they aren't class-10 as advertised. That is a lie. They are class-2 at best. They are very slow.

EDIT: Thought I would add some more info-- what these people do is when your card fails they ask you to retract your negative feedback and instead accept a refund. This is why people selling these cards typically have good feedback. If they weren't offering refunds on defective cards they would all have really terrible feedback. If you're willing to take the risk and just get a refund if it doesn't work then go ahead but if you want an SD card that is reliable at all, stay far away.

This is exactly what I figured. I noticed they would never put SDXC in the title. And I really really doubted they were class 10. Thanks for the heads up to other memebers and myself. Just confirming my suspicions here. SanDisk, Kingston, Samsung and a few other large brands are the only to be trusted.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #3,113 of 3,203
Quote:
Don't laugh - Edition 8 is the only headphone I've seen that meets the above especially the lay head down with.  A little spendy compared to your X1 unfortunately but quite the sweet sound. 

Yeah, looking at the m50's, I'm not sure they'd be any better for laying down.  But telling the wife "I needed a more portable pair, so I had to spend $1800" probably won't fly 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #3,115 of 3,203
Circumaural cans typically don't work well for lying down. I'd recommend either a circumaural with small cups, like the Momentum, or some on-ears. My DT1350 sound bloody great, are surprisingly comfortable for on-ears, isolate extremely well (so you're not bothering anyone who may be sharing your bed), and work quite well for lying down. Any of the other many on-ears should work similarly well.

EDIT: I forgot to add a deal! :wink:

HE-400 for $359 on a TTVJ deal of the day. Expires tomorrow.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/dealoftheday.asp

They also have the Fostex TH-600 for $949 and the Shure SRH-840 for $129.

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #3,116 of 3,203
Yeah, looking at the m50's, I'm not sure they'd be any better for laying down.  But telling the wife "I needed a more portable pair, so I had to spend $1800" probably won't fly 
rolleyes.gif

Ha I thought you were joking! If you're serious, the only circumaurals I've tried with a relatively low profile are the momentums. I imagine the Sony MDR-1R is similar.

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #3,117 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:

This is exactly what I figured. I noticed they would never put SDXC in the title. And I really really doubted they were class 10. Thanks for the heads up to other memebers and myself. Just confirming my suspicions here. SanDisk, Kingston, Samsung and a few other large brands are the only to be trusted.

I did some more research and found the same thing so you're right, buyer beware. I did buy one so if it doesn't work I will send it back and not retract my negative feedback and call them out for what they are. I'll post impressions when it arrives next week.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #3,118 of 3,203
Quote:
Ha I thought you were joking! If you're serious, the only circumaurals I've tried with a relatively low profile are the momentums. I imagine the Sony MDR-1R is similar.

Ha, no not kidding.  I'm looking at the Momentums - the Fidelio L1 looks interesting too, has anyone tried it?  The Creative A.L. might work laying down too.

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #3,119 of 3,203
Would agree with the comments on the 1350...got mine for $199 a few months ago and love them for portable use.

Just picked up some CALs a couple days ago...they might work as well...nice sound for the $$ but they seem a little fragile.

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #3,120 of 3,203
rolleyes.gif

You can find them used for $700ish all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back