The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #2,836 of 3,203
Quote:
Anyone know a place to buy cheap HD598? Should I wait for a sale?

thx all:)

My go to for Sennheiser products is Brian at www.razordogaudio.com. I'm not sure what his best deal is now, but he'll always offer a competitive price (and in my experience beats everyone else!), is an authorized dealer, and all around great guy! 

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #2,837 of 3,203
Quote:
Anyone know a place to buy cheap HD598? Should I wait for a sale?

thx all:)

I've seen plenty of "cheap" ones up on the For Sale thread here on the forums. 

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #2,838 of 3,203
Quote:
My go to for Sennheiser products is Brian at www.razordogaudio.com. I'm not sure what his best deal is now, but he'll always offer a competitive price (and in my experience beats everyone else!), is an authorized dealer, and all around great guy! 

Thank you for recommendation. I've contacted the customer service looking for sweet deals:p
btw, is there any other sites that provide good deals? 
Thx:))
Quote:

They go on sale all the time, just hold out.

I'm not sure about the sites giving out good deals... do u have any recommendations? thx:)

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #2,845 of 3,203
AC gears is also running a promotion where you can trade in an old working or non-working pair of headphones/earphones for $10 off a headphone purchase of $50 or more. Yes this includes the cheap pairs that come free with phones, etc. (See this post for more details: http://www.head-fi.org/t/674853/time-for-an-upgrade-trade-in-for-your-headphones-for-10-off-any-pair-50-above-nyc-web-coupon-ac-gears)

Not a bad deal if you wanted to knock $10 off say a pair of grados (e.g. sr60i/sr80i) or hifiman (e.g. re-400s) since it's rare to find any discount on those usually

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,846 of 3,203
Really don't like the mdr-7506, found nothing about them that made me enjoy listening. At the same time, I haven't tried other closed cans in this price range, but there must be better.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #2,847 of 3,203
Quote:
Really don't like the mdr-7506, found nothing about them that made me enjoy listening. At the same time, I haven't tried other closed cans in this price range, but there must be better.

I'm curious about this too. What's considered the best in the 60-100 closed can range? The CAL!s are fantastic, but long in the tooth. I'm sure by now there's better?

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #2,848 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:

I'm curious about this too. What's considered the best in the 60-100 closed can range? The CAL!s are fantastic, but long in the tooth. I'm sure by now there's better?

JVC HA-S500's Hands down to me are the best bang for your buck. Get some cheap HM5 pads and now you an over the ear can that can easily compete with headphones that cost upwards of $300 or more

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2,849 of 3,203
Quote:

JVC HA-S500's Hands down to me are the best bang for your buck. Get some cheap HM5 pads and now you an over the ear can that can easily compete with headphones that cost upwards of $300 or more

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I certainly agree with this assertion. The S500s sound great, - look a little dorky with they're super wide headband, but if you're over that, than they definitely hit way above their price point. Another can that is a solid performer especially given their sub $100 price tag is the Sennheiser PX100. Check out the reviews!

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #2,850 of 3,203
The DT235 is another relatively cheap, closed can that hits way above its price point but beware, it can be uncomfortable for some people after a while and it does not isolate very well. Other than that, it performs shockingly close to my ~ $300 headphones.

White, $40:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BAKTFO

Black, $46:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00198BY48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back