The Dead-Serious PROline 2500 Thread
Mar 5, 2007 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

Dexdexter

Headphoneus Supremus
No kiddin'. No foolin'. No hi-jinks. No shenanigans.
redcard.gif

Let's all check those egos at the door, and personalities as well.
smack.gif

So let's roll up our sleeves and get down 'n' dirty with the open-back flagship of the Ultrasone line-up!
750prolinebx3.png

I'll kick off the festivities with a frequency response graph
26.gif
:

proline2500_f.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 59
I don't want to rain on the Parade. But isn't the "handmade" EDITION 9. Considered the FLAGSHIP in the current line-up? I have the "punchy" 650.
And have ordered the 2500. I'm lovin' them Ultrasones baby!!

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to rain on the Parade. But isn't the "handmade" EDITION 9. Considered the FLAGSHIP in the current line-up? I have the "punchy" 650.

It sure is but the 2500 is the open-back-flagship of their line. Ed9 has a closed back. Do let us know what your findings will be according 2500 vs 650!

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #4 of 59
Quote:

I don't want to rain on the Parade. But isn't the "handmade" EDITION 9. Considered the FLAGSHIP in the current line-up?

Of course it is, acl. Please note my qualification above as reading "open-back flagship".

Quote:

I have the "punchy" 650.

And no smirkin'.
redcard.gif
This is a serious thread for PROline 2500 enthusiasts.

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:43 AM Post #7 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redcard.gif
Indra, I assume you read the ground-rules. Please try to be a little less-friendly and welcoming, OK?

Haha, how funny!
Like starting this oh so funny thread!

Not.

Dex, with all due respect, you could as well have respected Elephas critics in that other 2500-thread instead of starting this new one, full of completely displaced irony.

To be perfectly honest:
You can carry your "sense of humor" and annoying "group-hug" thing elsewhere, why not keeping it in your big Ultrasone promotion thread (you know, the one I stopped reading weeks ago due to all that chit-chat and not-so-funny nonsense included there).

Like Elephas, I`d like to discuss the 2500 somehow seriously, like I like it with any other headphone. That`s what this place is about.

All this nonsense and chatting, all this "being friendly and welcoming" certainly is very good to keep the hype running (like your blown-up thread), but that`s not what this forum is about.

In contrary, I start to wonder in which way you and some others here might be connected to Ultrasone. One might want to take a deeper look at that.

So do me a favor and spare us your "friendly and welcoming" BS and keep threads like this and others on topic.
Please.

wink.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 59
leonoid,

You appear to be on a mission here to impress somebody, and I sincerely hope you make that "love connection", as anybody as sour as yourself could probably use a boost of one kind or another, now and then.

Quote:

Dex, with all due respect,...

None shown. None returned.

Quote:

...you could as well have respected Elephas critics in that other 2500-thread

I tried. It didn't work. The members of Head-Fi are not automatons.

Quote:

Like Elephas, I`d like to discuss the 2500 somehow seriously, like I like it with any other headphone.

Me too. But you're hardly off to a flying start.

Quote:

That`s what this place is about.

Really? You speak for 50,000 members?

Quote:

In contrary, I start to wonder in which way you and some others here might be connected to Ultrasone. One might want to take a deeper look at that.

Please do. Let us know what you find.

Now, why don't you just run along back to some of those other forums you frequent, where bile-venting fascism is more the order of the day, since you clearly have nothing useful to contribute here.

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 59
Quote:

Now, why don't you just run along back to some of those other forums you frequent, where bile-venting fascism is more the order of the day, since you clearly have nothing useful to contribute here.

Oh, what a nice insult.

I guess you`ll have to take my opinion like it is, like it or not.
Sorry that my contribution doesn`t include the warm and cozy feelings that you like to spread here.

As long as things go your way, that is.

If not, you seem to show your "true face", like quoted above.
How overly sad.

And please, leave it up to me which forums I frequent and which not.
It`s certainly not up to you to make suggestions here, not to speak about the "fascism" that you seem to use to make a cheap forum point (whatever point that could be).

Thanks for playing, now try again.

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #11 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by wazzupi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
leonid i bet it took you the whole day to write that comeback.

your pathetic.

No, only 18 minutes, if you bother to look at the time code......

And actually he has at least one point: This thread, if intentional or not, makes fun about Elephas attitude to keep it serious:

Quote:

And no smirkin'.
redcard.gif
This is a serious thread for PROline 2500 enthusiasts.

Quote:

redcard.gif
Indra, I assume you read the ground-rules. Please try to be a little less-friendly and welcoming, OK?

Not exactly the most polite way, if you ask me....

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 59
We have some real winners on head-fi that is for sure. Some just are jerks to be jerks and for no other reason.

I really am still in love with my 2500's. They are definately the best sounding headphones I have ever heard. I am really in love with the S-logic. I was really worried about it being gimmicky but it really adds depth to my music. I have a pet hedgehog in a cage about 10 feet from where I listen to my music. Sometimes it sounds like horns and guitar are coming from his little nest box,"man can Prickles jam" . It is so crazy to have headphones on and the sound fills the room. It is definately something that most people take time to come to grips with. My brother in law came by the house yesterday. He owns a pair of Senn. HD600's. He plugged in my cans and started playing some Mapleshade tracks, and was blown away. He loved the fact he could tell exactly where each band member was coming from. It really amazed him. He said it felt like he was standing in the middle of the band with them surrounding him. He was absolutely floored.

I got my 2500's all ready burned in. The only thing I did was play 20 hours of pink noise through them. I never went through the harsh high period that alot of people seem to hear when they first plug these cans in. I got them and they were all ready as smooth as melted butter.

My SOHA with the buffer really seems to push these cans great. I have discovered that they sound extremely great when coming thru a RCA 5963 Tube. I have tried these 12AU7 tubes so far with the Ultrasones. An old CBS that sounds really really clean but does not have that spacial feeling. Sylvania 12AU7A preety good sounding but a little boomy and not as clean. RCA Cleartop great bass, very good for Reggae, dancehall and hip hop just does not sound as clean as the 5963. RCA 5814 almost as good as the 5963 great soundstage with lots of space between instruments just did not scale as well in the high range as the 5963. So far I really love the sound coming from the RCA 5963's. Great bass tight highs and really smooth sounding mids. I have yet to try any of the really big name tubes like the bugle boys and such. If they really sound better than the 5963 I will have to hunt some down.

So far I am super happy with my setup. With Ultrasone coming out with 5 new cans this year I am sure the upgrade sickness will come back again, but not for lack of anything with the 2500's my virus just demands that I keep buying audio equipment, I can't help myself.

Respect to ALL

MoBayRasta

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #13 of 59
I agree, this thread is bit over. The earlier thread was definetly hijacked by senselessness. Elephas warning was very correct, and yet you all pushed it aside. I appreciate good humoric posts here and there, (and thats pretty much what I do always...
tongue.gif
) but not when the actual info gets buried like it did in 2500-specific thread.

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #14 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by farmer john /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And actually he has at least one point: This thread, if intentional or not, makes fun about Elephas attitude to keep it serious:

Au contraire, fj, I accepted Elephas' concerns and attempted to accommodate them on the other thread, to the point of excusing myself from it. When that didn't take, I started this one with hopes that his request could be met.

What I have difficulty with is the intolerance being demonstrated for the human behavior of others, something none of us have any control over.

The result? A lot of fine people get attacked for behaving socially instead of dogmatically following one person's rigid concept of what Head-Fi and its threads should be. And I'm not speaking about Elephas here, who's posts I've enjoyed reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back