The daily annoyment thread
Dec 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 152

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
Going to our capital to see my brother/sister and their children (though secretly mostly to get a chance to audition the Hd 800/Ed 8 and the likes)
I start to feel I am getting a cold midday friday. The air trip down was pure hell. At some points I was sure that both my ear drums would explode. Couldn´t hear anything on both ears for the 4 days I was down there with tons of pressure on my ears. Slept in 1h intervals so no auditioning. Back home and I can´t listen to my spanking new ED 8s since my ears are still totally messed up
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 152
Dr. OZ annoys me. Perpetuating medical fear and all. Did you see the one where he had housewives panicking over cat Sh!t in sand boxes.

Tweens who still ask, and care, if you went to a private school. Those metally deficient twerps really annoy me.

Also, Chad from Million Dollar Listing on BRAVO. I like the other two guys, though.

chad-rogers-evan-almighty-world-premiere-1aQjCr.jpg

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 152
But at least you get to spend some time with you siblings...
smile.gif

Get well!

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #8 of 152
--Escalating bank and credit card fees.

--The fact that if I pay the cable company or my landlord ten days late, I'm charged for my negligence and perfidy. But when the Cable goes out for a week, and the first repairman blithely informs me that the problem is my computer--because the line is fine--but the second repairman admits that there was a lesion in the cable, I don't get credited for the time I had no internet access. Just so when the furnace in the old apartment wouldn't light for five consecutive days in November, or the kitchen sink was backed-up for three days, or the time that the entire bathroom ceiling collapsed--do you think that any compensation was offered for non-functioning facilities?

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the cost of this country and its ever gathering momentum! that and the fact i get a pay cut every year [effectively!]

Well if the US don't wake up we're soon to join you fellows. They(our fearless leaders) are already planning a Value Added Tax to pay for National healthcare and a carbon tax for the phony global warming. It's a giant thievery scam...we better wake up. My annoyance for the day/week/year...adios

If trends continue, we will all be getting nothing but a pay stub one day.

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 152
a train ticket that covers 180 miles [my gf uses] costs £42 for a single
petrol at 110p per litre set to rise sharply in 2010
last saturday i went to cinema £7.80 for a ticket
the list goes on!

id love to move to the US itll never be as bad as here!
luxuries are off the list atm, xmas is pretty much written off from now on, soon ill most here will be paying taxes and food with not much left.. may as well go on jobseekers.. taxes go up, more people on jobseekers... etc

maybe 2012 end of the world will be when this country collapses from no one at work!

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #14 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
World strike.

Good idea theoretically Camper. Because, as should be obvious, money has only one real value and that is the labor of men. I mean all the trappings that the rich or wanna be rich desire to buy with all this money are made, mined, grown, manufactured, processed etc etc by the labor of human beings. So the labor is the real value. We have just been "hoodwinked" into believing we are worthless, powerless etc and the money is the value, it's not. This is why jobs are outsourced. The labor is essential to the machine so it gets farmed out to whoever will do it cheapest. Should we continue to stand for this?
The only problem is that the powers that be hold the keys to the food production for the most part, so if we struck eventually we wouldn't be able to eat because we don't grow our own food anymore...but still...could work...
bigsmile_face.gif

all of this is just my opinion naturally...

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #15 of 152
Actually the only thing of any real value is land, and they aren't making any more of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back