The D.I.Y iPod Stand/ Portable Audio Source/ PMP Thread!
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PinoyPogiman

100+ Head-Fier
Hello! welcome to the DIY MP3 player thread.

I have been admiring my standing headphone display at my entertainment center and noticed i've regularly been leaving my iPod devices laying on the wood, and potentially/ possibly scratching the oh-so vulnerable stainless steel backplate which we all know how easily scratched it can become.

So one day of boredom before my Mind went atrophy, i grabbed a spare Xbox 360 HDD rack casing(i sold the Xbox360 HDD to a cousin who wanted it)

The HDD Rack casing is the metal grille/ rack that holds the HDD in place as its in the enclosure.

i bent it around, as it seemed to be really easy to bend and contort. and turned it to hold a Mp3 player!

being its also metal, which can easily scratch the metal of an iPod, i put electrical tape over it and a little felt bumper on the side to cushion the iPod.

here are some pictures!

In the end result, without anything on it it looks cheap, in this case: Bootleg.
but its not stupid if it works!

plus, put a 100-200$ device on there and it looks pretty good!

Things you need:
a uneeded Xbox360 HDD
Hands
creativity.

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 2
Another one i made, i made this in Geometry class, implementing use of 1 regular sized Paperclip.

There are many ways to bend a paperclip into a stand.
I did this one freehand with some creativity, using my Calculator to serve as a item to test the stand out.

This one albeit was really unplanned, and kinda unsturdy. but its purpose to stand a device that stands without movement was good enough for me.

It can only stand the iTouch that i have, but it cannot stand my iPod Video that i have in the other picture, which is using my other DIY stand.
the paperclip stand is finding practical good use for my iTouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back