The Crystal Method's Community Service II--thoughts?
May 22, 2005 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

axle

100+ Head-Fier
Having always been a fan of the duo from CA, it would be hard to say I'm unbiased. But this is fantastic stuff.

As with CSI (ha), it's exceedingly well mixed for a rather euphoric gapless playback, but that's about all this album shares with the first mix (which I thought was a little dull--I'll admit it). The "Reign" remix is better than than UNKLE's original dub on GU026 (James Lavelle), which I never thought I'd hear. There's also a good deal of the pure, the hell with orthodox conventions, laugh-out-loud fun as seen on Legion of Boom. Case in point: "The Doors vs. The Crystal Method" (#4).

Speaking of Legion of Boom, it's great to hear "Bound Too Long" and "Starting Over" mixed on here. Great beats, and some great music.

What do you guys think? Anyone else heard it?

May 24, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 4
thump for the evening crowd (most of us electronica fans
biggrin.gif
)

May 24, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 4
the smashing pumpkins remix is UNLISTENABLE on my rig. so distorted and squashed and clipped - it sounded like CRAP. i couldn't even listen to the whole song, the sound was so bad.

the new order mix is better, but still clippy on the peaks. but at least it's listenable. and the song itself is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back