The Cristobal Tapia De Veer appreciation thread
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

OlosAftia

Head-Fier
I've searched the Music forum far and wide and realised there is no thread around for my most favourite soundtrack composer ever (alongside Danny Elfman) - Cristobal Tapia De Veer, or CRISTO, as he calls himself on Soundcloud, a Chilean-Born Canadian composer / multi-instrumentalist who's been pumping out incredible series scores for years now.

I discovered Cristobal when I became obsessed with the soundtrack of the first season of Utopia - this brilliant limited run series on Channel 4 - which was a dark masterpiece of electronica scoring an even darker story of conspiracy and death.

His work on the second season of Utopia, a sample from which I attach below, was somehow even more majestic, and convinced me that he was one to follow.

I will be sharing more of / stanning for his work in this thread. Feel free to share favs if you have any!

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #2 of 5
Another snippet - from one of his earlier works this time, titled The Spider in Charlie's Box, a solo project he worked on in his bedroom and "a surrealist western [OST] which came with a little comic book designed by artist Philipp S. Neundorf."

Can be streamed / purchased almost exclusively via Apple Music, so no lossless joy for this one unfortunately.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #3 of 5

Next we have a medley from Cristobal's OST for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, a British comedic / mystery TV series - a phenomenal mash up of sound, atmosphere and feeling. If you like it and feel like immersing yourself in more of it - tough luck, no official release yet. There have been unofficial releases under various Youtube videos however...

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 5
And this from his haunting Black Mirror score.

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #5 of 5
From the rather obscure 'Serie Noire' OST for this TV series in French-speaking Canada... only partially released, including a single on iTunes Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back