The Cowon Q5 finally comes to US!!
Nov 30, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 14
$549 at jetmall. No thanks, i'll pass!
eek.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 14
What is with the battery life? That's what set its original A2 apart from the competition, why did they make the stupid decision to give up that advantage? At this point, it's probably easier to get a UMPC for not much more money!

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 14
you people forget its a windows CE machine, its basicly a PDA with a hard drive and specialized audio and video circutry,

ask any windows mobile PDA user about battery time, and he will tell you that 13 hours normal use and 7 hours video is insane for a normal PDA,

i think cowon started building a PMP and it got out of their hands and they built something alot more complex, with some limitations and some issues, this is clearly not a PMP for everyone, but i would recommend it for the PDA needy executive, its basicly the best pda on the market,

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 14
Yeah i think for a player like this you won't see that much better as far as the battery life is concerned. A new firmware came out recently which apparently increases its battery life around 1 and a half hours apparently which is better than nothing
smily_headphones1.gif
From what i've seen written about this player it has a poor interface and a fair few bugs which need working out. However i've seen alot of positive things said about its audio and video playback, which is enough to make me happy
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be getting one around christmas so i'll let people know my views then (which certainly won't be biased).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back