The Cowon iAUDIO 7 16GB
Sep 10, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 50
well,

1. the sound quality of this player is excellent
2. the battery gives up after round 40 hours
3. the 8GB was not enough for me, but the the 16GB are just enough

these are the criteria which are significant for me. sure the maniacs which need 100GB of space and a big screen will disagree but for me is this player the most suitable for listening music.

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 50
pity the i7 isn't expandable..when cards get cheaper, it's gonna become less popular. i do agree though, that if video isn't a priority, this's one of the best players to get right now.. given the awesome sound and battery, it's more than what most players offer right now

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 50
Dang it... I read the 40 hours of battery life after using my D2 for a while and thought that it was below-average...

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 50
lol actually i dont' understand how come cowon players can last that long... at least twice as long as any of the other brands. it's just wicked. ad it doesn't look like newer models from companies like creative and iriver are comin even close to matching..

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 50
The downside might be the price. Cowon products tend to be more expensive then the competition. Hopefully the new line of iPods will force Cowon to be rethink their pricing policy.

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 50
How much is in $$$ the price on that site?

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #10 of 50
I just don't understand Cowon sometimes. They pay attention to SQ with their DAPs. They support FLAC for the discerning listener. Yet they still do not support gapless playback. With high capacity DAPs, people are going to put complete CDs on them and though admittedly not the majority, plenty of CDs contain tracks without gaps between. Very frustrating for me. Apple finally got it right. If Cowon started to support gapless playback, I would pick up the 7 in a heartbeat.

Sep 10, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't understand Cowon sometimes. They pay attention to SQ with their DAPs. They support FLAC for the discerning listener. Yet they still do not support gapless playback. With high capacity DAPs, people are going to put complete CDs on them and though admittedly not the majority, plenty of CDs contain tracks without gaps between. Very frustrating for me. Apple finally got it right. If Cowon started to support gapless playback, I would pick up the 7 in a heartbeat.

I don't get that either. Great hardware, great sound, and yet they can't seem to get that one simple feature into their firmware.
confused.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #13 of 50
gapless means no time interval between tracks issit?

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #14 of 50
The price for the player in Slovakia is round 450 US Dollars. But we are a small country of 5.5 million people so the market is small and the prices are bigger. Somwhere else in the EU (Germany or Great Britain) you could buy it for round 320 US Dollars.
This one is worth the money.

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #15 of 50
320 for 16gb? that seems like a fair price. 450 sounds abit steep though.
in any case, u could just ship internationally from whereever it is u can get it for 320. i doubt it'll cost you 130 usd more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back