The Corrs Live Concert!!! SO MUCH FUN!!
Aug 7, 2004 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SteeleBlayde

1000+ Head-Fier
Hell yeah!! Just got back!! I havent been to a live concert in over a year and this is the first time I went to a concert where the artist was MY favourite and not my friends' or my parents'. HELL YEAH!! I am so exhilarated!! It was raining throughout the concert and everyone was cold and huddled together. But by the end of the show, everyone was up on their feet and dancing and singing!! SO COOL!! Fellow head-fier Xtreme4099 came too and we both had a blast. Everyone was shouting and we got an amazing encore.

I loved their CD's but the show really opened my eyes to just how talented they are, all four of them! Talented and beautiful. And family to boot!! They seemed shock to get such an amazing response from so many cold, shivering people and promised they would return. I'll definitely be there!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Damn this Hi-Fi, it will never capture the presence or general "vibe" that dances in the air at a really good live performance. Theres something magical that everyone there adds to the environment.

But back to the good ol' Head-Fi adage: My poor wallet. Renewed enthusiasm to try to get as close to that magic as possible. And I'm definitely going to more of MY concerts and drag my friends along too!
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 13
yeah it was a kick ass show ... TEH HOTNESS that is the Corrs, notice how TEH is emphasized.

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 13
I was there too, along with my daughter who also likes them. I could have done without the rain but then again it didn't seem to matter once they started playing. Not constant so wasn't too bad anyway, typical Seattle. Although Caroline the drummer wasn't there (pregnant), the fill in was respectable. I think the Corrs enjoyed the open air concert of about 2,500 peeps just as equally. Luckily I saw them on their first American TV appearance, moons ago now, and got into the band from that moment on. Andrea's voice is one of the finest instruments in the business. Extremely talented family they are. See 'em if you can
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 13
Hi Larry!!
biggrin.gif

Edit: This was the first concert I truly enjoyed instead of simply "appreciated." I'm a bit psyched at the moment....
tongue.gif
The Corrs became one of my favourites several years ago too when I saw their video on TV in Hong Kong. I bought the Unplugged CD first and its a masterpiece. Seeing them live has pretty much made me jump up and down, as embarassing as that is. (Can you tell I like them WAY more now? And they were my fav already...) Damn, listening to the CD is never gonna be the same now.
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 13
heh we went early ... even though my house is like 5 blocks away from the venue.

Aug 8, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #7 of 13
I love everthing the Corrs have done EXCEPT: "The Corrs live in London" DTS DVD. Boy, who mixed that? Its far short of their great CDs. Sound is all over the place with voices recorded at the wrong levels etc.

Lucky I've got a few good CDs.

TonyAAA

Aug 9, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
oh, that lead singer of the Corrs (cant remember her name)... She's so hot...

Andrea. And I can't remember if she's married or not, I don't think she is but I could be wrong....

Aug 9, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTripleA
I love everthing the Corrs have done EXCEPT: "The Corrs live in London" DTS DVD. Boy, who mixed that? Its far short of their great CDs. Sound is all over the place with voices recorded at the wrong levels etc.

Lucky I've got a few good CDs.

TonyAAA

I have the Live in London-dvd, and I don't think it's that bad. Have you seen/heard any of the other DVD's (Lansdowne Road, Live at the Royal Albert Hall)?

/U.

Aug 9, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 13
Why don't the acts I really want to see ever come to Raleigh? Only tour location near me is Virginia, in the middle of the week...
mad.gif

Aug 16, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #13 of 13
Nisbeth,

I guess because they are one of my favourite studio bands I was dissappointed that the quality of the mix didn't seem "up there" to me. The tragedy is that the DTS sound encoding really delivers, to me its just the positioning of the mics or the mix that isn't quite as good. It could just be me of course....

But thansk for the tip I'll try and find the Live at Albert Hall DVD and see how that compares.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back