THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Apr 12, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #2,986 of 3,272
109Pro are okay for the money but nothing special.
What I like about the composer is that it doesn't takes you long to realise that it is indeed a special sounding headphone.

You will be amazed again when the time is right 😎
(AA still has an ace up its sleeve for the Composer )

NOMAX

PS.and that is a promise on my part 😉 ...there are reasons why I laughed again at my last visit

IMG_0428.jpeg😉

(I really have to go on a diet after the high end 😆🙈)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #2,989 of 3,272
I am actually enjoying the Sennheiser HD660S2 more. More even. Not overly bright.

I think I'll be listening to that again tonight.....😎

IMG_0515.jpeg

NOMAX

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #2,990 of 3,272
Who actually designed and made the K812? Is the same person behind the Composer or others?

Yes the same....there are not many people who have been working in this industry for over twenty years 😎

https://pro.harman.com/insights/har...light-bernhard-pinter-akg-headphone-engineer/

NOMAX

PS.But not only the acoustician is important...but also the people who make it possible...it is always an interaction between the acoustician and the industrial designer/constructor
Of course, the CEO also has to give the go-ahead for this and have the financial resources available and ready for it
500.000 Usd is nothing to bring such a product to life as the Composer is

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #2,991 of 3,272
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #2,992 of 3,272
Well, what do you want to hear now?
It's a lot of money🙈...but I don't have to worry about whether I have the right All In One Solution (Plug&Play) for model X or model Y anymore 👍

NOMAX

Apr 12, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #2,993 of 3,272
Well, what do you want to hear now?
It's a lot of money🙈...but I don't have to worry about whether I have the right All In One Solution (Plug&Play) for model X or model Y anymore 👍

NOMAX
I love my Gen 1 Signature Sony DAPs, but usable headphones are limited. All in one, plug and play solution sounds great.

Apr 12, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #2,994 of 3,272
I love my Gen 1 Signature Sony DAPs, but usable headphones are limited. All in one, plug and play solution sounds great.

I said to Bernie and Team AA....if you do something in the High End Segment
Then it has to sound very very good on the portable devices/Daps....for anything else the demand would not be big enough 😎

NOMAX

PS.but please not so bright as K812 and with more body/low end

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #2,995 of 3,272
Yes the same....there are not many people who have been working in this industry for over twenty years 😎

https://pro.harman.com/insights/har...light-bernhard-pinter-akg-headphone-engineer/

NOMAX

PS.But not only the acoustician is important...but also the people who make it possible...it is always an interaction between the acoustician and the industrial designer/constructor
Of course, the CEO also has to give the go-ahead for this and have the financial resources available and ready for it
500.000 Usd is nothing to bring such a product to life as the Composer is
Thanks for the link. Looking forward to meet you all if you come to CanJam London. Also very interesting to know that AKG used to make loudspeakers for Nokia phones. Cool 😎

Apr 12, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #2,996 of 3,272
Thanks for the link. Looking forward to meet you all if you come to CanJam London. Also very interesting to know that AKG used to make loudspeakers for Nokia phones. Cool 😎

I'm sure if you keep your eyes open in London you will see someone 😉

NOMAX

PS.lol

Apr 12, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #2,997 of 3,272
Full score one US in stock when... can't wait. Really looking forward to how it combos with the Composer

Apr 13, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #2,998 of 3,272
Our review of The Composer is now published. I also have Full Score One included for reference, but I will likely push a full review of that amp out at a later time.

I have had a set of AKG K812 beside me for the last 8 years, but I also included some comparisons to the ZMF Headphones Atrium and the Focal Utopia 2022.

https://headfonics.com/austrian-audio-the-composer-review/

1712999176455.png

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #2,999 of 3,272
Our review of The Composer is now published. I also have Full Score One included for reference, but I will likely push a full review of that amp out at a later time.

I have had a set of AKG K812 beside me for the last 8 years, but I also included some comparisons to the ZMF Headphones Atrium and the Focal Utopia 2022.

https://headfonics.com/austrian-audio-the-composer-review/

1712999176455.png
Just saw this review and fully agree.
The genius earpads are the only thing I'm missing from my K812.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back