THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #2,926 of 3,207
A short report from my visit yesterday to Austrian Audio😎
It was fun talking to the guys again, as well as discussing the markets and what makes sense and what doesn't
(Audio/audiophile/non audiophile/measurements and other models of competitors etc etc)

Yes my dear friends.... a carry case for the Composer was thought of, so we get one💪👍
The Alcantara pads...the quality of the last samples from the supplier does not yet meet AA's quality standards😝
(This is about how tight the Alcantara is stretched over the inner foam core...we don't want these pads to look like from .....🙈 or from ....🙈🤣)
Now for the not-so-pleasant news: ....The carrier case and pads will not be available until the third quarter of this year, as AA is also dependent on its suppliers and
in the summer, we Austrians are not so efficient 🤪

The team around CEO Martin Seidl is already looking forward to meeting many new faces and old ones at the High End in Munich show where you can listen to the Composer as
well as the amp Full Score One.

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #2,927 of 3,207
We need a loaner program.

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #2,928 of 3,207
A short report from my visit yesterday to Austrian Audio😎
It was fun talking to the guys again, as well as discussing the markets and what makes sense and what doesn't
(Audio/audiophile/non audiophile/measurements and other models of competitors etc etc)

Yes my dear friends.... a carry case for the Composer was thought of, so we get one💪👍
The Alcantara pads...the quality of the last samples from the supplier does not yet meet AA's quality standards😝
(This is about how tight the Alcantara is stretched over the inner foam core...we don't want these pads to look like from .....🙈 or from ....🙈🤣)
Now for the not-so-pleasant news: ....The carrier case and pads will not be available until the third quarter of this year, as AA is also dependent on its suppliers and
in the summer, we Austrians are not so efficient 🤪

The team around CEO Martin Seidl is already looking forward to meeting many new faces and old ones at the High End in Munich show where you can listen to the Composer as
well as the amp Full Score One.

NOMAX

PS.lol
We need a Composer 2 with better staging/depth.

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #2,929 of 3,207
We need a Composer 2 with better staging/depth.

There will not be a Composer 2...not in the next years 😎
(Anyone who knows AA knows that they only do what really makes sense and is expedient)

NOMAX

PS.but who knows maybe a simple upgrade😉

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #2,931 of 3,207
About a case generally: it is preferable to be small, rounded and hard enough to retain its shape under pressure. A small suitcase-style case is not practical for trips. Some makers offer cases that become one more piece of luggage; not useful at all.
Compactness and efficiency is needed, just like DAPs.

Apr 5, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #2,932 of 3,207
Who knows...maybe they will surprise us with a case like the one they have with their Mic Creator 😎

IMG_0438.jpeg

NOMAX

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #2,933 of 3,207
Who knows...maybe they will surprise us with a case like the one they have with their Mic Creator 😎

IMG_0438.jpeg

NOMAX
Id also prefer as compact as possible and without the need to remove the cable (very important, but rather easy in this case)

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #2,939 of 3,207
@stersa Have fun with it 👍

NOMAX

PS.I also have it with the composer right now👍, even if it is different from my many pleasing hours with him before....Unfortunately I can't say more about it at the moment 🤫
(Now i begin to see.......it slowly makes sense to me why they chose a wedge-shaped foam)

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #2,940 of 3,207
If I were to give a personal ranking between Nutopia/OG and Composer, I think it would turn out like this 😎

Nutopia (2022)
Composer
Utopia (OG)

NOMAX

PS.lol

..... now 6 months later 😎

The Composer
Nutopia
Utopia

NOMAX

Ps.and the reason for this,when the right time is coming 👍

Last edited: