THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Feb 5, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #2,101 of 3,195
says the guy who disqualified himself 1000 times in the real HiFi world and in most German forums. that’s just funny. a peaceful coexistence were you are always right and others are wrong. that’s kind of funny 😄.

Really?that's why the manufacturers are also competing to my ears since years😉
You won't manage to bring unrest in here
At most you'll make us laugh 🤣

NOMAX

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #2,102 of 3,195
im Austrian too but this thread ashamed me to be a Austrian.

Just making a joke, haha. Don't worry, as an American, I don't judge y'all based off of the shilling from this guy. :sweat_smile:

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #2,103 of 3,195
says the guy who disqualified himself 1000 times in the real HiFi world and in most German forums. that’s just funny. a peaceful coexistence were you are always right and others are wrong. that’s kind of funny 😄.

That's why manufacturers approach me to ask me in the run-up to a release😉

And I let everyone have their opinion and experience, because in the end we benefit from that as a community👍

NOMAX

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #2,104 of 3,195
without Nomax the headphone world wouldn’t exist. you are the master thank you so much. now I got it and I’m thankful. sorry for my previous posts. your the most important guy in the world. I’m proud again to be Austrian now. you opened my blinded eyes and mind.

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #2,107 of 3,195
Today I had the opportunity to listen to the Composer at a Munich dealer and compare it with the HD800s. I can't make a final assessment after listening to it for a short time in unfamiliar surroundings, but I liked the Composer for its pure, competent sound. The fit might be a borderline for me, i.e. too big, which could be a deal breaker. In any case, the first impression was good, so I might give it another try...

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #2,108 of 3,195
Some advice...great people with great knowledge don't brag about it; it always sounds like a sign of insecurity.
That's not me saying that...it's in the books :wink:

Just don't do that, especially don't go on other threads spreading a negative vibe just because you don't like the product.

Hmm, tell the people (or better not) your opinion about, let's say...new Yamaha :)
I believe it is the same as Purzel's about Composer :)

Cheers!

P.S. I disagree with Purzel. After trying them, my opinion is that the Composer are great headphones, but for 1.5k and not 2.5k. It still has one major design flaw, and that is cable connectors.

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #2,109 of 3,195
I don’t think warning is necessary. Buying blind is almost never a good idea, and listening with one’s own ears quickly clears things up.
Your posts only seem to bring in some bad vibes. Even if you might feel you’re doing someone a service, I don’t think that’s the case.

No headphone is perfect. Believing that would lead to a crash with reality rather fast. So I think most readers here should be grown up enough to plan ahead. Even without „warnings“
You're definitively right about listenings importance. I bought Composer blindly and couldn't now, after listening it for about three weeks, be happier. But I must say this needs strong belief that you read the reviews behind your buying decision right and with insight.
I was searching a headphone with good resolution and considered a slightly used Utopia 2022 when Composer came to market. So these views and insights were most valuable. Constructing critique would be most wellcome. Non argumented nonchalanting comments not.

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #2,110 of 3,195
Today I had the opportunity to listen to the Composer at a Munich dealer and compare it with the HD800s I know. I can't make a final assessment after listening to it for a short time in unfamiliar surroundings, but I liked the Composer for its pure, competent sound. The fit might be a bit borderline for me, i.e. too big, which could be a deal breaker. In any case, the first impression was good, so I might give it another try...
Here's what I did to compensate the big size problem:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...agship-by-austrian-audio.969871/post-17943168

They are worth the "effort". 😄

I was lucky to be able to try the Composer at a show, and knew right away they matched my taste.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #2,111 of 3,195
P.S. I disagree with Purzel. After trying them, my opinion is that the Composer are great headphones, but for 1.5k and not 2.5k. It still has one major design flaw, and that is cable connectors.

1.500?
Then let us be surprised what will be comparable for this 1.500 price that can keep up with the Composer in the future in Industrialdesign,technical as well as tonal performance 😉

NOMAX

PS.Nothing,In the foreseeable future for 1.500 😎
As I said, there is not only the Composer in my Signature, there are also others that have their qualities to my ears and which convince me personally👍 but at different prices

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #2,112 of 3,195
1.500?
Then let us be surprised what will be comparable for this 1.500 price that can keep up with the Composer in the future in Industrialdesign,technical as well as tonal performance 😉

NOMAX

PS.Nothing,In the foreseeable future for 1.500 😎
As I said, there is not only the Composer in my Signature, there are also others that have their qualities 👍 but at different prices
you won’t believe but you can buy a car for 1500 Euro and I know people who did that and happy too. maybe not in Austria but in Germany

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #2,113 of 3,195
you won’t believe but you can buy a car for 1500 Euro and I know people who did that and happy too. maybe not in Austria but in Germany

Everyone has to decide for themselves how much someone is willing to pay for quality and spend on their hobby
There are also some good models in the low price segment, but as it is, striving for better and more beautiful things has its price👍
And also what is better and more beautiful...everyone has to find out for themselves.....in our case, when we pick up the model in our hand (touch&feel) and then listen to it

NOMAX

PS.lol🤪

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #2,115 of 3,195
Composer in the future in Industrialdesign
Speaking of design, what is your background?

Mine is 30 years of professionally dealing with it. Visuals are my calling, and Hi-Fi is my passion and hobby.

And I have been given a lecture by you about industrial design, do you even know what that is?
Or have you just heard about that somewhere?

You are really addressing the wrong person...and you are doing it again.

Just continue to brag...you obviously have the reason.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back