THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Jan 1, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #1,591 of 3,434
Yeah, but his website probably does not have a page that lists the latest measurements so it is hard to know if he is updating the results or not. In this page he does ask users to send their headphones to be tested and also mentions he will reimburse the shipping ...
https://headphonetestlab.co.uk/home-supporting-htl
Well, perhaps I could put it this way: if the phones that are of interest are among those that have been tested, it's worth a visit ...

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,592 of 3,434
Now available in the USA @ Headphones.com - $2,699 USD (Pre-Order- "shipping very soon")

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #1,594 of 3,434
Great headphones and easy to drive

TCA5.jpg

Torben

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #1,596 of 3,434
Don't worry, the clamping force is far more comfortable than with the X65 😎👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #1,599 of 3,434
Got my Composer in today as well as an HD 800S and the 800S is slightly wider on soundstage but otherwise it does nothing better than Composer. The bass extension and the detail and jus the tonal balance is insane on these. I think this will let me get rid of Clear, HE1000 V1, Aeolus and just keep this and Atrium.

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #1,601 of 3,434
I'm sure not a single person on planet earth has compared Composer and Erzetich Charybdis side-by-side, but perhaps some folks had a chance to demo both ?

Purely looking for thoughts about sound quality, if we're taking physical aspect into account of course it's David vs Goliath. Both are close in price category so i thought why not ask ? Anyone... or it's a lost cause ? 😁

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #1,602 of 3,434
Got my Composer in today as well as an HD 800S and the 800S is slightly wider on soundstage but otherwise it does nothing better than Composer. The bass extension and the detail and just the tonal balance is insane on these. I think this will let me get rid of Clear, HE1000 V1, Aeolus and just keep this and Atrium.
What’s your music and sound profile preference and your chain?

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #1,603 of 3,434
I'm sure not a single person on planet earth has compared Composer and Erzetich Charybdis side-by-side, but perhaps some folks had a chance to demo both ?

Purely looking for thoughts about sound quality, if we're taking physical aspect into account of course it's David vs Goliath. Both are close in price category so i thought why not ask ? Anyone... or it's a lost cause ? 😁
I know Purzel did it. But from his feedback around here, it is not difficult to understand which one he preferred. :dt880smile:

He demoed the Charybdis with other TOTL HP like Abyss 1266 and rated the Erzetich above them all.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #1,604 of 3,434

I compared them both in Amsterdam Erzetich are much better in my opinion. but I didn’t want to say that because some fan boys are p..ed then a tell me I’m a bad bad guy. Erzetich charybdis are easy to drive like the composer a little big and bulky but very comfortable to wear(for me). but it’s only my like some will like composer more especially in the composer forum.i would buy the charybdis immediately( if I didn’t own the bravura’s )they are very very good for my likings. the composer as i told one hundred times are boring to my listening preferences.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #1,605 of 3,434
I would really be surprised if you are not. These you mentioned are going away and are at least 1k cheaper than Composer. :)
It would be more interesting if you were getting rid of Atrium, but you are not... :)

Cheers!
Why?
In Germany we say „Das Bessere ist der Feind des Guten“: better is the enemy of good. :wink:
So Atrium and Composer are better then Aeolus, Clear and HE1k (which was more expensive as composer at time of release) for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back