THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #1,576 of 3,435
OMG - 2 people are selling their headphones because the headphone is not for them. In other news, the sun will rise in the morning and set in the evening.
Wait for more reviews from people who have bought them.
So funny mate! :beerchug:

Indeed, that is the plan and why I´m watchful.

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #1,577 of 3,435
For you that should be right for me that’s a joke and like comparing a VW Polo to a Porsche 911. but that’s only my personal reference. your hearing is your hearing and congrats for loving the Composer. so it should be everyone is happy in finding his right gear. I’m like DMS Bravura are easy S+ tier for me. but that’s the composer thread so I guess nobody want to read about Bravura’s.
„We“ want to hear comparisons, no matter if with the Bravura or any other headphone. What we don’t want: your posts that constantly keep on telling us the same story: You don’t like them. For you they are boring. All right. We got it. And great for you, you don’t have to spend 2500 euros. But if you don’t have to tell us something new, and you don’t like the Composer, and also you are constantly pissing some of us off (unknowingly but either way) who want to hear more about these headphones (be it „good“ or „bad“ impressions), you should know there is always a „unsubscribe“ button 🤟

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #1,578 of 3,435
„We“ want to hear comparisons, no matter if with the Bravura or any other headphone. What we don’t want: your posts that constantly keep on telling us the same story: You don’t like them. For you they are boring. All right. We got it. And great for you, you don’t have to spend 2500 euros. But if you don’t have to tell us something new, and you don’t like the Composer, and also you are constantly pissing some of us off (unknowingly but either way) who want to hear more about these headphones (be it „good“ or „bad“ impressions), you should know there is always a „unsubscribe“ button 🤟
Your 100 percent right. I’m a bad guy. sorry

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #1,579 of 3,435
Lol we really need to see some measurements at this point, it will partially (not fully) reduce the amount of argument over the headphone haha.
I wish some people regularly did the spectral decay diagram for headphones ....

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,580 of 3,435
And another one for sale in the classifieds. I believe I have never seen so many TOTL HP selling so quickly, "used" after release. I was really curious about these but not very confident about these sales. Actions talk louder than words and it seems many don´t take long to decide and pass them along. Is it possible that they are so balanced overall that it may give the impression of being boring?

Cheers.
Lol :relaxed: look at my history of gear purchases, and you'll notice that I often buy and sell items rapidly. Recently, I had stopped using over-ears, but my curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to give the composer a listen. In my opinion, it ranks among the top dynamic driver over-ear headphones available. It shares similarities with the Susvara, particularly in being a versatile all-rounder that doesn't have any glaring flaws. While some might find this aspect unexciting, many people are specifically looking for this kind of reliability and consistency.

Having said that, I personally actually really prefer a bit more color in the sound, which is why I sold my Susvara after having it for more than a year, and now the Composer as well. It's definitely not an issue with the headphones themselves.

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #1,581 of 3,435
OMG - 2 people are selling their headphones because the headphone is not for them. In other news, the sun will rise in the morning and set in the evening.
Wait for more reviews from people who have bought them.
Well it gets complicated, with the Winter Solstice we've just had our shortest day and Australia their longest. Probably will need to wait for the Equinox to get a balanced review. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #1,582 of 3,435
You have to buy the Composer for its fast, clean bass/low end alone------Unbeatable 👍
(However, this is just one of his special features 😎)

IMG_9482.jpeg

Have fun continuing the discussion 😉

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #1,583 of 3,435
Had a quick listen today. Overall impressive - balanced timbre, "reference" but not sterile, quite dynamic sounding without being fatiguing. Comfort is 100%. Build is also impressive. Staging is accurate rather than HD800s. I read they perform well for metal - I don't hear that personally and would think of these as genre specific.

The Full Score One I like a great deal, indeed. Sounded fantastic with my Rognir planar. Similar performance/presentation to Mass Kobo but with a bit more musicality. Super nice build, very solid. Agree with @HiFiGuy528 on this. Definitely my next amp purchase.

20231228_170049.jpg

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #1,586 of 3,435
a good to now you enjoyed the Utopia lol. it seems that people who like the Utopia love the Composer. fascinating 🧐
Not necessarily… I, for one, really dislike the Utopia. Most Focal models actually, except the Bathys. Maybe.

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #1,587 of 3,435
I can't say that i loved the utopia either. It's ok if you don't think of price, weight or the narrow soundstage.

Jan 1, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #1,588 of 3,435
Had a quick listen today. Overall impressive - balanced timbre, "reference" but not sterile, quite dynamic sounding without being fatiguing. Comfort is 100%. Build is also impressive. Staging is accurate rather than HD800s. I read they perform well for metal - I don't hear that personally and would think of these as genre specific.

The Full Score One I like a great deal, indeed. Sounded fantastic with my Rognir planar. Similar performance/presentation to Mass Kobo but with a bit more musicality. Super nice build, very solid. Agree with @HiFiGuy528 on this. Definitely my next amp purchase.

I've never really understood the suggestion that the HD800S staging isn't 'accurate'. To my ear, the HD800S, K812, MySphere, HE1000SE, and SR-009S (to take some examples I know well) all present staging that's plausible enough - all of these phones are pretty good, so I suppose I simply expect that. Personally, I find the HD800S uniformly excellent in distancing me (the listener) from the image of the performance space the phones present. I never find the staging too 'big' - and can't really understand why some others do. But I accept that I look for this 'distance' in particular as I listen only to acoustic instruments. It seems realistic to me - I want my head to be some distance from the piano - not in it. I'm expecting The Composer will be pretty good in that regard also - the K812 certainly is excellent to my ear.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #1,590 of 3,435

Users who are viewing this thread

Back