THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Dec 14, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #1,456 of 3,435
I notice on "bass heavy" tracks that is something wrong with bass, like it's quanity over quality, i just feel like whole headphone is starting to shake.

resonances?

Dec 14, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #1,457 of 3,435
Are there any shops in Austria that are demoing the Composer? Especially nice if they are in Salzburg or Linz, otherwise Vienna.:gs1000smile:

Dec 14, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #1,459 of 3,435
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #1,460 of 3,435
Thank you, is that the only place? His schedule doesn't line up with mine😭
If you’re coming to Vienna, you can have a listen with my Composer… PM me if interested

Dec 15, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,462 of 3,435
Arrived today.

Very first impressions:
  • Expected from the FR graph, it really sounds like a Hifiman with DD drivers
    • The dynamic driver tends more towards a quicker response rather than a slower analog decay
  • They feature a linear bass extension
  • The upper treble is airy
  • The timbre is natural, without any metallic sheen
  • Overall no annoying peaks, no EQ needed
  • They're comfortable but seem designed for larger heads. I'm using the smallest headband setting and it's just adequate
  • Having three included cable options is a great feature
  • They not only look appealing but are also well-constructed.
This pair is ideal for those who appreciate a somewhat neutral frequency response. Much like the Susvara or Stealth, no single aspect is overly dominant, which is a quality valued by many users of these headphones. However, I find them to be more exciting than the Stealth. Not sure if they are exciting enough to stay for longer. But it's too early to judge.

1702669451971.png

Edit:

For those having fun playing with EQ, I've added some auto-eqs based on Oratory's measurements.

graph (3).png

graph.png

graph (1).png

graph (2).png

Attachments

• The Composer - Harman 2018.txt
    397 bytes · Views: 0
  • The Composer - Hifiman Shangri La.txt
    648 bytes · Views: 0
  • The Composer - Sennheiser HE-1.txt
    400 bytes · Views: 0
  • The Composer - Sennheiser HE90.txt
    496 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #1,464 of 3,435
😎

NOMAX

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #1,466 of 3,435
Others are even more expensive 😎

NOMAX

Ps.But as mentioned before In one of my older postings,I think most people will recognize the qualities of the Composer, at least in terms of construction, material feel and comfort
Now the question is why others at even higher prices can't do that? 😉
(Some would be well advised to look around for capable and good industrial designers, but these cost a lot of money, and those who are not prepared to invest this will have a hard time in the future in the highest price segment for headphones)

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #1,467 of 3,435
I, like this guy from Japan, cannot buy it because the price is too high. I remember how recently I was shocked by price of MM500. Congratulations to all Composer owners on their purchase, judging by the authoritative opinions here, the headphones turned out really great.
He's Korean :wink:

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #1,469 of 3,435
Arrived today.

Very first impressions:
  • Expected from the FR graph, it really sounds like a Hifiman with DD drivers
    • The dynamic driver tends more towards a quicker response rather than a slower analog decay
  • They feature a linear bass extension
  • The upper treble is airy
  • The timbre is natural, without any metallic sheen
  • Overall no annoying peaks, no EQ needed
  • They're comfortable but seem designed for larger heads. I'm using the smallest headband setting and it's just adequate
  • Having three included cable options is a great feature
  • They not only look appealing but are also well-constructed.
This pair is ideal for those who appreciate a somewhat neutral frequency response. Much like the Susvara or Stealth, no single aspect is overly dominant, which is a quality valued by many users of these headphones. However, I find them to be more exciting than the Stealth. Not sure if they are exciting enough to stay for longer. But it's too early to judge.

Edit:

For those having fun playing with EQ, I've added some auto-eqs based on Oratory's measurements.

Composer vs HE-1 fantastic, considering the price difference! :clap: :heart_eyes: :beerchug:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,470 of 3,435
Got a few questions:
How many in this thread own the Composer?
What is/was your best headphone before acquiring the Composer?
What's one thing (sound wise) on the Composer that you wanted something more of and or something less of?
Straight answers only, if possible, without any other explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back