THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Oct 30, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #991 of 3,219
Hmm, at the same time, I tried Composer and Utopia for the first time. I knew Utopia from the reviews, and as OG headphones...and man, I was so excited when I put them on and listened through Burson Soloist X3 GT. I seldom had that much hype. Limitless excitement, fast and furious...I couldn't believe it...but with the Composer, nothing like it...I am sorry, but I wouldn't compare these two. Utopia is a whole another level!

Cheers!

Oct 30, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #992 of 3,219
Hmm, at the same time, I tried Composer and Utopia for the first time. I knew Utopia from the reviews, and as OG headphones...and man, I was so excited when I put them on and listened through Burson Soloist X3 GT. I seldom had that much hype. Limitless excitement, fast and furious...I couldn't believe it...but with the Composer, nothing like it...I am sorry, but I wouldn't compare these two. Utopia is a whole another level!

Cheers!

Let's see how the Composer performs against the Utopia OG in the measurements at ASR 😎

NOMAX

PS.Only strange that the FR measurements at Oratory already show that the composer has a completely another level as the OG in the low end👍
(In any case, I prefer punchiness over the entire audible spectrum😉)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #993 of 3,219
Let's see how the Composer performs against the Utopia OG in the measurements at ASR 😎

NOMAX

PS.Only strange that the FR measurements at Oratory already show that the composer has a completely another level as the OG in the low end👍
(In any case, I prefer punchiness over the entire audible spectrum😉)
my friend, you have been saying the whole time here that everyone should listen to the composer and make sure how good the headphones are, and beat utopia, similar bullshhit .. why should we expect salvation from him, when they made the K812 and k872 and people were never interested these headphones, except for those who have no idea what full and good sound quality means. then when someone listens to composer and says that the utopia is much better, it is obviously much better, because it costs twice as much. you come with the stupid measurements, you are a funny figure. at least it cannot be taken seriously. obviously you do it because the makers of the headphones are among your friends, but unfortunately you can't fool people with that. sorry for my blunt honesty.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #995 of 3,219
I have my ears instead of measurements and 40 years of listening passionately to music and also being closely related to art and a bit away from physics. I listen to music with my heart, not with numbers.

Sorry, you are really on the wrong path comparing these two. I get it that you have a close relationship with them...

I get it; these have to be sold...I wish they would find many consumers...but Utopia is one of the best headphones, period, if not the best to a certain point...these are not even close.

Cheers!

P.S. To me, they are not even as closely exciting as VERUM is!

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #996 of 3,219
my friend, you have been saying the whole time here that everyone should listen to the composer and make sure how good the headphones are, and beat utopia, similar bullshhit .. why should we expect salvation from him, when they made the K812 and k872 and people were never interested these headphones, except for those who have no idea what full and good sound quality means. then when someone listens to composer and says that the utopia is much better, it is obviously much better, because it costs twice as much. you come with the stupid measurements, you are a funny figure. at least it cannot be taken seriously. obviously you do it because the makers of the headphones are among your friends, but unfortunately you can't fool people with that. sorry for my blunt honesty.

Different views,and you do not have to agree with mine 👍
( Just stupid, when even with ASR it turns out to be😉)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #997 of 3,219
Your blunt honesty comes across as hostility. Have you heard the Composer? Might you allow for the possibility that Nomax genuinely loves the sound and is only encouraging people to listen before deciding? He’s been transparent about his involvement with the development. Why shouldn’t he be proud of it?

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #999 of 3,219
I have my ears instead of measurements and 40 years of listening passionately to music and also being closely related to art and a bit away from physics. I listen to music with my heart, not with numbers.

Sorry, you are really on the wrong path comparing these two. I get it that you have a close relationship with them...

I get it; these have to be sold...I wish they would find many consumers...but Utopia is one of the best headphones, period, if not the best to a certain point...these are not even close.

Cheers!

I agree with you, you should not buy a model just because of the measurements👍
I also always listen to it beforehand, and then let me surprise what of my heard reflected in the measurements

NOMAX

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #1,000 of 3,219
Your blunt honesty comes across as hostility. Have you heard the Composer? Might you allow for the possibility that Nomax genuinely loves the sound and is only encouraging people to listen before deciding? He’s been transparent about his involvement with the development. Why shouldn’t he be proud of it?

Those who have followed the last 2 or 3 years knows also what I wrote about Bathys/Nutopia/Stealth/Expanse 😎
And I can only speak for myself and about my personal hearing and what convinces me personally

NOMAX

PS.How it looks you have to apologize when you find something very good🙈
Yes I wish I was not from Austria in this case...but unfortunately I can not change that
❗️Who it bothers that I know many should not pay attention to my lines 👍❗

IMG_3796.jpeg
IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #1,001 of 3,219
Are you aware of any sample being sent to ASR ? Audeze and Dan Clark generally sends samples to ASR directly AFAIK.
ASR has limited utility when it comes to cans. If they match Harmon target 2018 he uses the soccer panther, otherwise it’s heads off.

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,003 of 3,219
We don't need to look at the concluding answer by ASR, we can always look at the distortion and other graphs they provide, which can be viewed independently of Amir's conclusion.
Oratory already said distortion is low enough not to be an issue. Yes graphs would be better. Does ASR provide CSD graph?

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #1,004 of 3,219
Oct 30, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,005 of 3,219

Cheers!

Have you heard of Clear mg? it is probably better than composer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back