As audio player I use:
foobar2000 v2.3
Foobar2000 v2.6 beta
Fidelia (from Apple's App Store)
Audirvana Studio
Media Center 31
Decibel (2.0b31)

Ripping:
dBpoweramp Music Converter (Ripping, Converting)
XLD (Ripping)

Editing, Test:
Mp3tag (Meta Text Editing)
PerfectTUNES (AccurateRip)

M1 MacMini, Sonoma 14.0

Oct 5, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #572 of 3,216
I hope not. And I would be surprised if it has. I mean the Stealth is a closed-back planar headphones with overemphasized bass, even compared to the Harman curve (which is already too bassy for many). And I don't think any open dynamic headphones have that kind of bass. 4 dB more than the Harman Curve.
1696494264732.png
Something is off with that chart. That FR looks like the Expanse, not the Stealth. DCA boosted that bass region for the Expanse, but it shouldn’t be there on the Stealth. The Stealth is almost 100% Harman, especially from 1khz down to 20hz.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #573 of 3,216
Has anyone compared these to their other dynamic offers Hi-X65 (open) and Hi-X60 (closed and I own it)?
Not having heard Austrian Audio's previous offerings...that's a good question.
Sound wise I'm thinking somewhere between the K812, therefore toned down and more approachable with added body/bass, but I could be totally out in left field. :sunglasses:

Oct 5, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #575 of 3,216
@Nomax did the TTT on the ScoreOne do anything worth mentioning to the Expanse?

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #577 of 3,216
I use the Dac from my RME ADI/PRO SE

NOMAX

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #578 of 3,216
@Nomax did the TTT on the ScoreOne do anything worth mentioning to the Expanse?

Sorry the whole thing is not so simple to my ears
I have said several times that my ADI/PRO SE is and will be my last stationary amp
Even if Score One has its slight sonic and very very subtle advantages with the Composer I must weigh this against my RME
And that still also takes time with my other headphones 👍
(It has also never been so difficult as now)

NOMAX

PS.And even if this product comes from Austria I must remain strict 😈

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #579 of 3,216
I use the Dac from my RME ADI/PRO SE

NOMAX
FYI, you are leaving a significant amount of quality on the table with that dac.

Oct 5, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #580 of 3,216
FYI, you are leaving a significant amount of quality on the table with that dac.

The question is quite different (which, however, many do not want to hear )......for what better DACS/AMPS when many transducers/headphones can't even bring
this to light with their tonality?😉 (If they sound too dark or cloudy )
Many things have been contradictory for a long time when I look at the development in this respect

I am still quite happy with the 2500 Euro expensive RME ADI/PRO SE as a stationary Dac/Amp👍

NOMAX

PS.A Matter of Opinion 😎

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #582 of 3,216
The question is quite different (which, however, many do not want to hear )......for what better DACS/AMPS when many transducers/headphones can't even bring
this to light with their tonality?😉 (If they sound too dark or cloudy )
Many things have been contradictory for a long time when I look at the development in this respect

I am still quite happy with the 2500 Euro expensive RME ADI/PRO SE as a stationary Dac/Amp👍

NOMAX

PS.A Matter of Opinion 😎
Have you listened to the Merging Anubis (Neumann MT48 should be a more easily connected option), Nomax?

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #583 of 3,216
Am I correct, in that you consider Harman Bass "clearly Overemphasized "?

Well, not really. The Stealth has slightly more bass than the Harman target and also a bit more than I would like, especially in the upper bass, but I would still not call it clearly overemphasized. The Stealth sounds great with analytical and rather bright sounding source gear and powerful amplification, so I would still call it still relatively neutral sounding. The Harman target is my definition of perfect tonal balance. The Composer maybe has a bit less bass than the Harman target, but it is still fine for me. Susvara sounds to lean for my liking, for example.

Btw, the Stealth sounds great with the RME and the Composer with the Full Score one. The other combinations sound not so good to my ears, simply because of tonal balance. I did not make detailled comparisons, but it is clear already after a few seconds that these two setups fit my tonal preference very well. The Composer with the Full Score one (and RME as DAC) is probably the best headphone setup I ever listened to, except the HE 1, imho.

Cheers,
Bernie

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #584 of 3,216
As far as I know one user has done a comparison between a Recording with an Adi 2 Pro and the Playback.
Both were bit identical.

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #585 of 3,216
Well, not really. The Stealth has slightly more bass than the Harman target and also a bit more than I would like, especially in the upper bass, but I would still not call it clearly overemphasized. The Stealth sounds great with analytical and rather bright sounding source gear and powerful amplification, so I would still call it still relatively neutral sounding. The Harman target is my definition of perfect tonal balance. The Composer maybe has a bit less bass than the Harman target, but it is still fine for me. Susvara sounds to lean for my liking, for example.

Btw, the Stealth sounds great with the RME and the Composer with the Full Score one. The other combinations sound not so good to my ears, simply because of tonal balance. I did not make detailled comparisons, but it is clear already after a few seconds that these two setups fit my tonal preference very well. The Composer with the Full Score one (and RME as DAC) is probably the best headphone setup I ever heard except the HE 1, imho.

Cheers,
Bernie
could you compare composer and susvara technically and what is the difference in tone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back