THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Oct 24, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #871 of 3,565
That sounds pretty cool. Hope this statement holds up. But I have faith in you NOMAX XD

And I have faith that many will immediately recognize the qualities of the Composer with their own ears šŸ‘
Of course, if you compare it side by side you will immediately hear how much more he has in the low end as.......šŸ˜‰
(And not from memory)

NOMAX

PS.nice evening to all

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #872 of 3,565
Not sure how the cans will perform in other aspects but itā€˜s obvious that the FR shows a deviation from accurate timbre reproduction. Your vocal and instruments will sound a bit thin and male vocal (and instruments that occupy the same FR) could have too much nasal overtone, female vocal could have some harshness and the mid FR could make the voice sound hollow.

All of the above can be fixed with EQ (for those who use them). Also bass extension looks very good for a dynamic.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #874 of 3,565
Not sure how the cans will perform in other aspects but itā€˜s obvious that the FR shows a deviation from accurate timbre reproduction. Your vocal and instruments will sound a bit thin and male vocal (and instruments that occupy the same FR) could have too much nasal overtone, female vocal could have some harshness and the mid FR could make the voice sound hollow.

All of the above can be fixed with EQ (for those who use them). Also bass extension looks very good for a dynamic.

Everything can be improved with EQ...in the end it's about enough treble without it tending to sharpness and enough bass/low end without it turning into a woom woom sounding šŸ˜‰
(And the whole performance must also technically deliver, even there many failšŸ™ˆ)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #875 of 3,565
Pricing is all a matter of perspective these days..... a $250 headphone can be just as fine for total musical enjoyment. :sunglasses:

Only that these are technically mostly very poor

NOMAX

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #876 of 3,565
in the end it's about enough treble without it tending to sharpness and enough bass without it turning into a woom woom sounding šŸ˜‰
Bass IMHO has come along quite nicely on a lot of phones these days....treble is still the tricky part though and receives the most complaints...and I agree, it's a thin line as to how much to maintain the air and bordering on harshness.
Sennheiser have managed a fairly good job on the relatively affordable HD660S2, although it may be a bit too dark/warm for some.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #877 of 3,565
Bass IMHO has come along quite nicely on a lot of phones these days....
Which, however, as already noted, is technically mostly pooršŸ‘Ž
Some sound cloudy and not clean,some again tend to distortion,some are not precise.....all this shows us the FR not šŸ˜‰
The Technical performance will play an even greater role in the future šŸ˜Ž
(It then no longer helps to buy cheap transducers somewhere for few Usd and install them and to say here we have a new flagship šŸ¤£)

Many people can't even imagine the amount of work/know how and also capital necessary to build their own transducer that is technically good
Jermo from Sennheiser went into more detail about this in one of the last videos
Focal has also not for nothing the status of what they are today....also they have given a lot of effortšŸ‘

NOMAX

Ps.lol

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #878 of 3,565
Which, however, as already noted, is technically mostly pooršŸ‘Ž
Some sound cloudy and not clean,some again tend to distortion,some are not precise.....all this shows us the FR not šŸ˜‰
Well, we will have to wait until the Composer lands on these shores. :rowboat:

The Technical performance will play an even greater role in the future. :sunglasses:

In the end it is always about how much one can enjoy and get immersed in the music, otherwise it is all for naught. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #879 of 3,565

Sorry, but nothing of that is ā€žobviousā€œ. But Iā€™m sure when youā€™re hearing it, it will validate your preconceptionsā€¦

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #880 of 3,565
Sorry, but nothing of that is ā€žobviousā€œ. But Iā€™m sure when youā€™re hearing it, it will validate your preconceptionsā€¦
What do you think FR represents?

Oct 25, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #884 of 3,565
Pricing is all a matter of perspective these days..... a $250 headphone can be just as fine for total musical enjoyment. :sunglasses:
I tend to agree with that.
However, at the price point of the Composer I would ask not only for total musical enjoyment but also for very accurate, "reference" sound by absolute standards. Obviously, this is not something to demand only at over 4k prices. These prices exist mostly because some are ready to pay them, not because they produce really better headphones. 2,5k is already more than enough for TOTL sound and construction.

Oct 25, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #885 of 3,565
I tend to agree with that.
However, at the price point of the Composer I would ask not only for total musical enjoyment but also for very accurate, "reference" sound by absolute standards. Obviously, this is not something to demand only at over 4k prices. These prices exist mostly because some are ready to pay them, not because they produce really better headphones. 2,5k is already more than enough for TOTL sound and construction.
Absolutely.
Iā€™ve long left behind the expensive models because to me the prices are just inflated by what some are willing to pay for mediocre performance and/or execution.
My price limit over the past few years was 1500,-, with the Composer getting a bonus for both good performance and execution as well as being manufactured in my home town. Yet Iā€™m still very happy with my collection of old original M-100, they cost a tenths and give me hours of joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back