THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #3,166 of 3,207
Nomax, is the new thing from AA you're talking about able to be used on already purchased Composer headphones (like new earpads or cables)?
The composer remains as he was from the start and now is.....also for the next few years...don't worry😎
(AA certainly doesn't follow the trend of .....or.... )

So my last track with my composer for today....something calming for a change
(I already had enough fun today with him 🤘)

NOMAX

PS.Yes of course 👍

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #3,167 of 3,207
Fantastic pairing!
IMG_0903.jpeg

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #3,168 of 3,207
I’d like to express my gratitude to Uncle Wilson from Jaben Singapore for providing me with the opportunity to demo the Austrian Audio Composer headphones.

I primarily used desktop systems for the listening sessions, specifically the Onix Miracle and the Schiit Bifrost / Phatlab Rasa.

Interestingly, the Composer, which is renowned for its neutral, detailed sound and wide soundstage, exhibited a warmer, more analog character when paired with the Bifrost/Rasa. This was a stark contrast to the sound produced by the Onix Miracle setup. The sound became more relaxed and inviting, with a softer sub-bass that didn’t compromise on depth.

What stood out to me was the Composer’s remarkable ability to enhance and adapt to different sources. It was akin to uncovering a new spectrum of colors within the same painting—familiar, yet refreshingly distinct.

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #3,172 of 3,207
I am curious to see what they will say in a few months' time 🤘😁✌️

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #3,174 of 3,207
I’d like to express my gratitude to Uncle Wilson from Jaben Singapore for providing me with the opportunity to demo the Austrian Audio Composer headphones.

I primarily used desktop systems for the listening sessions, specifically the Onix Miracle and the Schiit Bifrost / Phatlab Rasa.

Interestingly, the Composer, which is renowned for its neutral, detailed sound and wide soundstage, exhibited a warmer, more analog character when paired with the Bifrost/Rasa. This was a stark contrast to the sound produced by the Onix Miracle setup. The sound became more relaxed and inviting, with a softer sub-bass that didn’t compromise on depth.

What stood out to me was the Composer’s remarkable ability to enhance and adapt to different sources. It was akin to uncovering a new spectrum of colors within the same painting—familiar, yet refreshingly distinct.
It seems to match well with dacs/amps that suit the HD800S.

Apr 30, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #3,177 of 3,207
Did you notice if the sound has improved after 100-200 hours?
I don’t log hours, but I use mine since it came out last year. Sounds as good as on the first day.

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #3,178 of 3,207
I don’t log hours, but I use mine since it came out last year. Sounds as good as on the first day.
Good to know. This is in line with my experience with every new headphone. No burn in effects obsereved or measured. Since the suspension of the membrane is mechanical (a material that flexes thousands of times per second) there must be some theoretical burn in effect, but either it lasts very shortly (one hour contains many millions of oscillations of the membrane), or it comes as a very subtle effect (non audible or measurable).

May 1, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #3,179 of 3,207
Good to know. This is in line with my experience with every new headphone. No burn in effects obsereved or measured. Since the suspension of the membrane is mechanical (a material that flexes thousands of times per second) there must be some theoretical burn in effect, but either it lasts very shortly (one hour contains many millions of oscillations of the membrane), or it comes as a very subtle effect (non audible or measurable).
That's what I belkef too. It's more the brain that burns in. You can prove this by changing quickly from one headphone to another . Sometimes you think, the sound of the second one is horrible in comparison, but after a few minutes you get used to it and enjoy it. Music is made in our brain, more than we like to accept.

May 1, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #3,180 of 3,207
That's what I belkef too. It's more the brain that burns in. You can prove this by changing quickly from one headphone to another . Sometimes you think, the sound of the second one is horrible in comparison, but after a few minutes you get used to it and enjoy it. Music is made in our brain, more than we like to accept.
The ears are only the receivers, the brain does everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back