The Complete Miles Davis at Montreux 1973-1991
Aug 1, 2002 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scottpaul_iu

500+ Head-Fier
Just got an e-mail from music direct. Interesting box set coming out from Miles Davis. Here is the link:

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...u=CSON86824-20

Not much info is on the website about this set currently.

Here is what the e-mail contained:

"This won't be released until September 10th but we can't take can't guarantee orders placed after August 14th. It's a 20-disc set with 90% of the music previously unreleased. This includes him performing reworkings of Sketches Of Spain, Birth Of The Cool, and Porgy & Bess. Collaborators include the big ensembles of Quincy Jones and Gil Evans, and musicians Dave Liebman, John Scofield, Robben Ford, Kenny Garrett, and even Chaka Khan. You can save $50 by ordering in the next two weeks with the whole box coming in at just under $10 per disc."

Aug 2, 2002 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 2
Hey scottpaul you sound like a miles davis box set kind of guy...

What do you think of the Miles Davis/John Coltrane box? I am thinking about getting that, but I am wondering if I should just get all the disks individually (have they released the re-masters individually)?

I got the In A Silent Way box and man do I love it...

What I have right know is the IASW box, Kind of Blue, Sketches of Spain, Birth of the Cool, and Best of 65-68 (am thinking about getting this whole box)...

So I guess I am asking what your (and all the MD fans) take is on the box sets as opposed to getting the individual albums...

gracias

I just realized I turned your post for advanced MD fans into a post about MD newbie stuff...sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back