A/B Comparisons - iems, buds, cans, daps, and more - Tips & Impressions
Jan 31, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #199 of 396
Not at all. I just keep my own advice of buying used items and selling them on at minimum loss ^^

And yeah, imo the price is ridiculous.
Ah yes I'm not a pro headphone buyer seller most likely it'll be a buy and done thing. I'm not dedicated enough to get my head around selling which is the vital component for that routine working I'd imagine

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #202 of 396
118. hidition nt6pro vs campfire audio solaris se (W):

Solaris se: more transparent, more bass, wider soundstage, more forward mids, better layering, but has a slight campfire metallic sound.

Nt6pro: more natural mids, sounds more as a whole, harsher treble, leaner mids, better background detail, tighter bass.

I find the treble of the nt6pro too hot, and this is what ultimately led me to prefer the solaris se. If it was not for that, my preference would be with the nt6pro.

Feb 7, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #203 of 396
119. akg n5005 vs 7hz timeless (W):

N5005: wider soundstage, smoother treble, more natural, easier listening, sounds more as a whole, better layering.

Timeless: more forward mids, clearer, leaner mids, more bass, clearer sub-bass, leaner treble, better instrument separation, sometimes has that planar metallic sound, better background detail, airier, comfier.

Feb 11, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #204 of 396
120. 64 audio tia trio vs 64 audio u12t (W):

Tia trio: more bass and sub-bass, smoother overall, feels more constrained and veiled.

U12t: tighter and better bass, airier, clearer, more transparent, clearer background detail, wider soundstage, better layering, more height, leaner treble, better bass/mids/treble balance, leaner mids.

The trio is warmer than the u12t, but apart from the warmth I feel like the u12t does most things better. If you like a bit more warmth than the u12t, why not simply change to warm tips (something like type e) and/or get a warm dap to pair it with?

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #205 of 396
121. ibasso dx300 w/ amp13 vs ibasso dx320 w/ amp13 (W):

Dx320: a little clearer, a little more transparent, wider soundstage, airier, better background detail, leaner treble, android 11.

Dx300: a little more bass, better volume knob.

These two were used with the same gain, same digital filter, and same amp. The dx320 is undoubtably a step up from the dx300, but I do not think that the gains are as significant as the price increase.

Feb 25, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #208 of 396
122. meze rai penta vs moondrop variations (W):

Rai penta: a little more transparent, leaner mids, a little leaner treble, airier, a little faster, tighter bass, wider soundstage, better instrument separation, better bass/mids/treble balance, more height, but tonally sounds off.

Variations: more bass, a little recessed mids, overall clearer, better imaging, sounds more as a whole, smoother mids, but bass tends to overpower everything else, requires more power.

The variations are better tonally, while the rai penta is a little more technical. To be honest, if it was not for the bass of the variations it would have been a clear winner. But the bass overpowers everything else, and tends to drown out some of the other goodness. However, I think it still prefer it to the rai penta.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #209 of 396
123. oriolus traillii (W) vs campfire audio solaris se:

Traillii: wider soundstage, smoother mids, more natural, nothing sounds harsh, better layering, better bass/mids/treble balance.

Solaris se: overall leaner, clearer, more transparent, airier, better instrument separation, leaner treble, clearer background detail, better bass, better female vocals, takes less power, but has a metallic sound to it sometimes.

This is a classic tonality vs technicality matchup in my opinion, and the naturalness of the traillii gets my vote.

Mar 6, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #210 of 396
124. ibasso dx320 w/ amp13 (W) vs a&k se200 akm:

Dx320: more and smoother bass, wider soundstage, more height, more natural, airier, better layering, warmer overall, more holographic, more exciting, better buttons, android 11, faster operation.

Se200: leaner mids, tighter bass, clearer, more transparent, leaner treble, clearer background detail, more precise volume wheel that also feels better, 2.5mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back