The Closed-Back Headphone Thread (Plus Comparisons & Reviews)
Jan 12, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #3,541 of 6,385
Jan 12, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #3,542 of 6,385
Another choice right when the mood kicks in. :)
Aren't we lucky ones?

Jan 12, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #3,543 of 6,385
The Verite Closed are my first real closed back headphone (Can't count Bose) and they've officially ruined all my other HP's and IEM's. #Closedbacklife

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #3,544 of 6,385
And if I had to pick today, it would be the Elegia's...
Well, it's at least good to know they're that close for those of us who can't try both before buying 😃

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #3,545 of 6,385
Thankfully, all of my headphones are kept in their boxes when they are not in use. I can't imagine leaving them lying around with the little ones running about! :scream:
Oh, yea. Child proofing is fun. Really surprising and enlightening journey 😃 keep your headphones, electronics, and wallet safe (and it's not that they're going to spend your money, it's that they will empty the entire contents of it all over your house).

I'm currently looking at a poor pair of Audio Technica MSR7s. They held up, pretty durable... but certainly should not be on the floor with velour ear pads full of dog hair 😂

Jan 13, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #3,546 of 6,385
Paraphrasing Lt Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun: children and headphones don’t mix.

I gave my son a German Maestro GMP 8.35 JFB, which is marketed as nearly indestructible… still holding up well after about 6 years.

I did show him that video, but he did not try out all these tricks. Yet. He threatens to leave it in a car park though…

Just recently I gave him an Audio Technica ATH-M50xBT. Let’s see how this goes…

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #3,547 of 6,385
Well, it's at least good to know they're that close for those of us who can't try both before buying 😃
As I go back and forth it is becoming very obvious that;
A) Both are very good headphones
And
B) It is mids over bass (Elegia's) and bass over mids (T5's).
I think I am getting closer to ordering the Dekoni Ltd. Edition Stellia pads.

And both appear to be better than my T60 Argons.:L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #3,548 of 6,385
@Shane D you should cut both the T5 and Elegia in half, and combine them with each other. That way instead of having two headphones you can't decide between, you'll have two headphones that are the best of both worlds. The only decision you'll have to make is which ear gets what half of your new chimera-phone, and select the appropriate version.

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #3,549 of 6,385
@Shane D you should cut both the T5 and Elegia in half, and combine them with each other. That way instead of having two headphones you can't decide between, you'll have two headphones that are the best of both worlds. The only decision you'll have to make is which ear gets what half of your new chimera-phone, and select the appropriate version.
I am not much into modding headphones, but you may be on to something...

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #3,550 of 6,385
As I go back and forth it is becoming very obvious that;
A) Both are very good headphones
And
B) It is mids over bass (Elegia's) and bass over mids (T5's).
I think I am getting closer to ordering the Dekoni Ltd. Edition Stellia pads.

And both appear to be better than my T60 Argons.:L3000:
Don’t go for the Dekoni pads. Get yourself the Celestee pads instead, right @Malevolent ?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #3,551 of 6,385
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #3,553 of 6,385
The Verite Closed are my first real closed back headphone (Can't count Bose) and they've officially ruined all my other HP's and IEM's. #Closedbacklife
I see that you also have a Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer. How is the pairing of the Vérité Closed and the Soloist? I have its smaller sibling, the Soloist 3X Performance, and, as the name suggests, it's quite the performer (heh). If there's one word you'd never use to describe a Burson product, it's probably "analytical". I think their DAC/amps are quite fantastic.

Anyway, congrats! Enjoy your headphones. :)

Jan 13, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #3,554 of 6,385
Oh, yea. Child proofing is fun. Really surprising and enlightening journey 😃 keep your headphones, electronics, and wallet safe (and it's not that they're going to spend your money, it's that they will empty the entire contents of it all over your house).

I'm currently looking at a poor pair of Audio Technica MSR7s. They held up, pretty durable... but certainly should not be on the floor with velour ear pads full of dog hair 😂
A good friend of mine routinely found her son's toys on the ground floor of her apartment block - he thoroughly enjoyed chucking staff out the window, apparently. Thankfully, his throwing days are over, now that he's about 5 years old. Still, I can't imagine coming home and seeing my electronics laying in a heap somewhere on the floor. I'd be howling in despair. :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back