The chord company Sarum T Digital Super Aray USB cable
Oct 7, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #17 of 26
Looks like the cable in your picture is a Sarum T super aray ! I was asking about the higher end Cord cable, the ChordMusic family that sit above the Sarum T family.

I’m not sure who is above whom, unless you heard both and have an opinion, but the chord Sarum T is pretty high end as it is, with proprietary tech.

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #19 of 26
Are you referring to me...? Did you want some sort of comparison..?

No I was quoting b michaels but of course, if you wish to leave impressions, comparisons, or opinion, feel free. I have left mine as far as the few cables I have tried.

Oct 7, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #20 of 26
No I was quoting b michaels but of course, if you wish to leave impressions, comparisons, or opinion, feel free. I have left mine as far as the few cables I have tried.

Oh, sorry did not see the quoted text above silly me...

I tested a few USB cables along with the Curious Cable. The main issue I had was harsh treble, some could say digital glare, unlikely to be RF as I did suffer from that so treated power and better cables dealt with the issue of boomy base and very harsh treble. So I decided to listen to various USB cables.

The Suram T was a clear winner until I tried the Chord Music which is more natural with vocals and generally the same as the Sarum T but I would say around 10 - 20 % better on all counts.

When I first had the demo of Chord Music there were three people all who said a similar thing the jump from the Sarum to Sarum T was a GAME changer but the difference to the Chord Music was not as great, so for value The Sarum T is the clear winner. The demo was on a laptop with the ( I guess ) associated noise and hence the Chord USB cables performed very well against the other USB Cables.

On a high end server the difference is even closer as ( I guess ) there is less noise for the Chord USB cable to work it's magic.

I found the Curious Cable too bright for me ( with my Chord Dave ) but both the Chord Sarum T and Chord Music seemed to be more natural and no screeching high pitched voices yet very transparent no colour added.

The one fault with the Chord Music it is very stiff compared to the Chord Sarum T.

Hope that helps a little, any questions just ask.

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #21 of 26
Thank you for the comparison, Clive101.
I was looking for an unbiased opinion on the top 2 USB cables from Chord.
If you could give more details as to how much more the Chord Music gives voices a more natural sound when compared to Sarum T, that would be brilliant.

Right now, I loaned for a few days the Tellurium Silver Diamond USB and Sarum T usb cables.
So far I found Sarum T to be superior on all accounts except voices.
To be more precise, solo or duo voices (like a Norah Jones album) sound just a little bit more natural and transmit a more correct / profound emotion with the Tellurium Silver Diamond than with the Sarum t.

Other than that, Sarum T has significantly more detail, better impact, better separation.
Sarum T brings details from the background by giving them better defined body and more precise placement.
It brings things from the background so much that I even didn't like that on 3-4 tracks that I was very familiar with. I didn't like that the main voice was now somewhat competing for the main stage with other bodies of music (like a violin)...

I'm just wondering if Chord Music keeps the performance of Sarum T and adds the presence of voice the Silver Diamond offers.

System used:
Intel NUC fanless runing Daphile with Sbooster power supply -> Chord Sarum T / Tellurium Silver Diamond -> Hugo TT -> Tellurium Black Diamond RCA -> Rega Elex R -> Tellurium Silver Diamond -> Kef r3 + 2 SVS Sb 2000 subwoofers

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #22 of 26
Thank you for the comparison, Clive101.
I was looking for an unbiased opinion on the top 2 USB cables from Chord.
If you could give more details as to how much more the Chord Music gives voices a more natural sound when compared to Sarum T, that would be brilliant.

Right now, I loaned for a few days the Tellurium Silver Diamond USB and Sarum T usb cables.
So far I found Sarum T to be superior on all accounts except voices.
To be more precise, solo or duo voices (like a Norah Jones album) sound just a little bit more natural and transmit a more correct / profound emotion with the Tellurium Silver Diamond than with the Sarum t.

Other than that, Sarum T has significantly more detail, better impact, better separation.
Sarum T brings details from the background by giving them better defined body and more precise placement.
It brings things from the background so much that I even didn't like that on 3-4 tracks that I was very familiar with. I didn't like that the main voice was now somewhat competing for the main stage with other bodies of music (like a violin)...

I'm just wondering if Chord Music keeps the performance of Sarum T and adds the presence of voice the Silver Diamond offers.

System used:
Intel NUC fanless runing Daphile with Sbooster power supply -> Chord Sarum T / Tellurium Silver Diamond -> Hugo TT -> Tellurium Black Diamond RCA -> Rega Elex R -> Tellurium Silver Diamond -> Kef r3 + 2 SVS Sb 2000 subwoofers
I must admit is was while ago when I did my Chord Sarum t vs Chord Music a.b and now use a SOtM with Sarum T and C Music.
I had a Chord Music on loan from Chord Cables and sent it back .... too much detail....it was replaced and sounded different, more musical, so your Sarum T may be defective as the cable is very similar in build where as Chord Music has some extra outer layers added. It could also be a matter of personal preference..?
I love vocals and midrange and did not find vocals blow away buy either cable just the Chord Music had more passion..... but the cost....!
I have changed my stance on the BNC cables for Dave Blu2 which were SarumT.
BUT when I tested BNC cables with Dave Mscaler the Wave Cables were better...
Try Supra USB cable for the cost it cannot be beaten IMO.
If you like I could test next week and give a more detailed review.
Note the better the source the differences between Sarum T and Music get closer.
So I would be more inclined to consider equipment vs cable upgrade possibly....?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #24 of 26
Sep 29, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #25 of 26
Im still love the sarum T digital super array

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #26 of 26
well, 4 years after posting still enamoured by super array, but looked up a hypothetical repurchase of 1 meter if i were to add a usb reclocker, which im not, and sheesh almost a double in price from when i purchased. inflation or what. looking back those were great times to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back