the cheapest but decent ipod line-out
Jan 1, 2007 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lutwey

1000+ Head-Fier
yep........the same dude who started the one for amp, so i decided to couple that w/ this one, to help me and the new people here on headfi.

THNX
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

this all iknow right now............it's either TURBO or ALO AUDIO

compare and contrast, other options...plzzzzzzzz...

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 11
I would go for the direct connector and bypass the Apple dock altogether. I have an iAudio X5 and Qables had the cheapest direct connector, about $40, and I am very happy with that. I think the iPod connector is about the same price

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 11
lutwey, you and I seem to be "growing" (or is it becoming obsessed) into this aspect of the A/V hobby at the same rate.

I just ordered the ALO Vampire, and can post my opinions as soon as I receive it, with updates throughout the burn-in process. I consulted ALO before ordering. They didn't offer the most expensive option, and not the cheapest. What I appreciated was that Ken explained why the cheapest option wouldn't satisfy me based on some input I had given him.

rs1smile.gif

Oh Lord, please forgive me for spending more on my portable rig this week than I did on my wife's Christmas gift. Amen. P.S. Lord: let's keep this between you and me, friend. Thanks.

Jan 3, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 11
ALO's products are of very high quality and great sound. However they are for the most part on the high $$$.

As an alternative you could go for a Turbo V, very well built at a fraction of the cost.

Both have very good customer service.

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 11
Mrarroyo, about Turbo products...

What you consider the best option: TURBOdocks V (dock with female jack) plus a mini to mini cable or TURBO DIABOLOUS V (dock hardwired to a mini cable)? Any difference in sound quality?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgillo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mrarroyo, about Turbo products...

What you consider the best option: TURBOdocks V (dock with female jack) plus a mini to mini cable or TURBO DIABOLOUS V (dock hardwired to a mini cable)? Any difference in sound quality?

Thanks

Some claim they can hear the difference. I would get an all in one (Turbo Dock V hardwired to a mini) for sake of convenience.

Jan 10, 2007 at 9:17 AM Post #11 of 11
i have a turbo v and various minis made from wyvern, turbo , misterx and a commercial belkin one for my car. Cant do that with a vampire or ALO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back