The cheapest analog cable that is noticeably different from a stock cable
Jan 18, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Cambridge Audio cable that is apparently a step up from stock, it is well made and has gold plugs? you are welcome to try it out PM me your address, I will see if I can get my hands on my old Stereovox Vespa also ?

Thanks, PM sent..

Jan 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nick Charles, I asked something similar some time back and didn't get much response. I own Blue Jeans and the least expensive Vampire cables - they are nicely made of good materials, but I have not heard a difference over the RCA interconnects supplied with mass market DVD players.

That echoes my experience so far with Monoprice, Monster and AR cables. I had several pairs of Monster cable but i gave them away with CD players I sold

Quote:

That said, I am also interested in the least expensive cable that makes an audible improvement. Maybe not even the least expensive; I could spend $100 or a bit more.

I am budgeting $100 for this exercise inc shipping but that might end up having several cables in it.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Have you tried these against stock cable yourself ?

Yes, I have 2 6 ft pairs and I have several BJC cables. Have a set hooked up to my Darkvoice and I do listen to it everyday. You can't beat them for the price. Rat Shack doesn't even come close. Oh yeah, they are like a couple of minutes from where I work so have been there several times. Pretty familiar with their stuff.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kimber pbj is good but its not bargain cheap, probably $60 or so used

Thanks

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I have 2 6 ft pairs and I have several BJC cables. Have a set hooked up to my Darkvoice and I do listen to it everyday. You can't beat them for the price. Rat Shack doesn't even come close. Oh yeah, they are like a couple of minutes from where I work so have been there several times. Pretty familiar with their stuff.

thanks - pair ordered.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by glitch39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BJC coax. tried and tested. better than silver in my system

BJC Cables ordered...

Okay, I have enough cables ordered for this enterprise - all but one , or maybe all will appear in the for sales forum at some future date - to recap I have bought the following cables

BJC.................Belden 1694A............US price $26.75
Tartan.............RG-59 type..............US price $5.00
Audioquest.......G-Snake..................US Price $35.00
Audioquest.......Sidewinder...............US price $60.00

I do not intend to buy any more.

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #28 of 36
Might jump in on this...

I had exactly $41.09 left as a paypal balance after buying/selling some phones and amps last weekend. Looking to put something between my DAC and Little Dot 1+, I come up with:

$38.75 for 4' of Blue Jeans 1/8->RCA
$ 2.34 for 6' of OEM from Monoprice

$41.09. Coincidence? My wife thinks not...

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$38.75 for 4' of Blue Jeans 1/8->RCA
$ 2.34 for 6' of OEM from Monoprice

$41.09. Coincidence? My wife thinks not...

=O

Interesting....

I have a pair of ICs made from paperclips and its wrapped in custom pink tape (i dont think youll get shocked but no promises). I used it for my experiment a while back if any of you remember. I may be able to send them along if you like.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back