The CHAIR: The final frontier. The ultimate audio "tweak"?
Jan 27, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #31 of 56
You aint tried my new recliner yet.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #32 of 56
If you ever want to visit Ecuador I could arrange to have a nice chair sent to your place to bring me.
biggrin.gif
It's only $530 to fly here right now on Continental. (At least from LAX to here round-trip that is.) The chair would cost more than the flight. Plus, even here at 10,000ft up in the Andes mountains it was a balmy 75 or so degrees today with beautiful blue skies. Sunglasses and hats mandatory unless you like cataracts and sunburns though. If you want hotter the rest of the country is downhill from here. LOL! The Galapagos are part of Ecuador and a huge tourist attraction, albeit an expensive one.

Back to chairs, yeah, I've gone into a couple of stores like MarkL mentioned, Relax the Back and others, and while their chairs are super comfy and nice, they just don't fit into what Continental deems a standard sized piece of luggage. Too bad since a nice chair would make sitting here working and listening much easier to do.

Jan 27, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #33 of 56
I originally bought a chair from Ikea that was meant to be both a computer chair (see image) and a listening chair. I'm obviously on a budget, given that I'm a college student, and fell in love with this chair and basically built my computer setup around it.

But the problem was that there's this strange table *attached* to my bed. As in, it should be a double bed, but instead it's a single bed that has half of it cut off by the attached table (again, see attached image). Tis quite odd. So now I listen to music in bed, and use my computer in the leather chair.

$175 at Ikea, if I remember correctly. Malung recliner.

Jan 27, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #35 of 56
blink.gif

You guys are so hardcore. I have a computer chair. It's from Staples. It cost less than all my headphones except the KSC-50s. I sit on it. That's all it does...and I'm happy. I don't need to have anything else I want to dump cash on...dang you head-fi!

Jan 27, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #36 of 56
Ahhh... here is my comfort and joy!
biggrin.gif

chair.jpg

Jan 27, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #37 of 56
I found the chair I use next to a dumpster.
blink.gif

Its even held together with duct tape.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #38 of 56
Lane comfort king.

Best money I ever spent. I was reading some good books the other day and I literally, other than a few breaks, spent all day in that chair. I had absolutely no disomfort at all the entire time.

Jan 27, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #40 of 56
Have to be my ultimate "wish list" chair!
280smile.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #42 of 56
An Eames lounge chair (actually one of the classic Plycraft versions, just had it reupholstered not (correction: ) 1 week ago!) Yum, comfort and classic looks that could kill. The new leather is a devestating color.

Feb 8, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #43 of 56
Okay, since I seem to not have posted in this thread when it was new, I will now.

I have a Lay Z Boy that looks like a suede twin to the one Markl pictured on the first page.

I usually set at the computer in this black chair that I got at Staples. It's made by some company that makes luggage. It was the only chair I found that fit my back and shoulders well. Plus I like the mesh fabric that matches the bag my Spoon watch came with.
biggrin.gif

Hey Doug, will you pick me up at the airport, or do I need to call a cab?
biggrin.gif

[size=xx-small]oooopps, you were inviting Old Pa, not me......................................... so I'll get a cab[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back