The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Mar 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #1,277 of 1,511
I'll give them a little credit for the other sports car racing too, obviously ALMS for example (although it's ridiculous to see the Corvettes racing against themselves.) It's just sad to see how dumbed down the original programming is when it has so much potential (i.e. Victory by Design.)

Mar 28, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #1,278 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought they dropped WRC?

No, WRC (World Rally Championship) is still going strong.
The turbo charged (group A?) cars are on their way out though, and will afaik be replaced by high rev NA (naturally aspirated) S2000 cars from 2010.

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #1,281 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SpeedTV is gone. It's now Nascar TV.

@ Furishi: Yeah, SCC and Turbo were a pretty big loss. SCC more so. It was the "anti rice" and focused on actual performance..... it's a shame that SCC has to die, but things like Super Street still exist. Just shows you that intelligence doesn't sell... stupidity does.

i can't believe stupid street is still around, which is an indication that people care more about looks and useless body kits than actual performance. i'm going to miss SCC. i remember meeting one of the editors, Andy Hope, a few times at track events and not only being impressed with his driving skills but also his friendliness and understanding of the technical aspects of a car.

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #1,283 of 1,511
Anybody watched the whole race yesterday for F1?

Brawn 1 and 2. I would've never guessed.

Anybody else here a big fan of VIP tuning? I'm starting to really get into it as there are some seriously nice Lexus LS around uni which are done up in this style, and I think they're awesome.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008...vip-style.aspx

I prefer the more subtle side of it (ie No crazy dished and chrome wheels, no crazy camber, subtle bodykits), and with old Merc S-Class (1994-ish vintage) prices dropping its looking mighty tempting as a project car instead of the MX5 or AE86. Brabus engine tuning, subtle lip kit, air suspension to really drop the whole car down when parked but still have enough clearance on the move; I can see it all coming together nicely.

Or am I simply being an idiot?

Apr 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #1,286 of 1,511
Argh! Such a disappointing race from Malaysia! Damn monsoon weather screw** things up
frown.gif

Still, Toyota 3rd and 4th. I'm very happy.

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #1,287 of 1,511
It sounds like the racing will get more competitive when it gets back to Barcelona and everyone will get a chance to install similar rear diffusers.

I'm glad for Button, especially the last two years that were wasted because they didn't zero out their computer programs properly and the aerodynamics package was off that little bit and made the car a complete dud.

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #1,288 of 1,511
Well, I bit the bullet. Today I spent $7900 and purchased this:

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

One of only 300 imported. 1995 Audi S6 Avant, Emerald Green with Ecru leather interior. 20v Turbocharged 2.2 liter inline 5 cylinder, making 230hp with about 245 ft lbs of torque. Car has 101k miles, with fresh timing belt, rear calipers, e brake cables, valve cover gasket, and plug wires. Runs and drives like a new car, very tight, and the whole car is built like a bank vault.

Incidentally, I hated Audi until a few weeks ago when I drove an A6 of this generation. The thing just exudes a feeling of rigidity, and it is unmatched by newer generations. When Lexus, Acura, and Infinfiti started putting on the heat in mid 90s, german car makers started to cut corners and rush things into production, resulting in catastrophic reliability records of cars like the Audi A4 1.8T, and B5 A6. This generation, the C4, is based on the Audi 100, which was originally introduced in 1991.

Quattro AWD is standard, and automatic transmissions were not even offered for this generation of S car. 5 spd manual ONLY. I drove it about 400 miles today, from Minneapolis back to Milwaukee, and it is a dream. I adore this car, and I'm sure I will fall for it even harder as time goes on.

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #1,289 of 1,511
Ooops, seems like I missed another F1 race.
frown.gif

Though it was next Sunday, but I just found out it was yesterday..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back