The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Mar 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #1,141 of 1,511
Especially with an uprated supercharger
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #1,142 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might get one of the old cheese wedge Mk1 Mr2's to replace the crashed yata. Good ol 4AGE motors never die.

one of these?
Toyota-MR2-SW11-Mk1-Orange.jpg

I was thinking along the line of these:

kaza_2000-img600x367-116239692573127588_1.jpg

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #1,144 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the 2G MR2 will kill you faster than that Ducati will.

My monster hasn't got me close to being killed yet.

Yammie R1 as my first bike - I had my share of near-misses though.

I need a daily commuter though, as my bike is rather useless in every day use.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #1,145 of 1,511
First car i ever owned was a Holden VL Berlina Wagon Turbo.... Handed down from my parents. Insanely fast for a first car lol.

Then i went on to a more fuel efficient Suzuki Swift GTI which i sold to another family member around a year ago.

Now in my driveway i have a Series 8 RX7 Twin Turbo, which is my Sunday driver.

Oh and i love watching Speed Week and V8 Supercar's when i get the chance
smily_headphones1.gif

Me and my RX-7
wink.gif
My old man in the background with a beer haha! Good Times!

familyandblock010.jpg

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #1,146 of 1,511
Except you do burnouts at every traffic light in the Ducati thanks to the clutch?
tongue.gif

Ooh, Townyj, you owned a Swift GTi? How did you find it.

God I miss some of the old hot hatches. I remember my sister's charade and the very heavy steering. Made parking a bitch, but at speeds it was very good.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #1,147 of 1,511
I loved my Swift GTI
smily_headphones1.gif
Great little car and the engine was bullet proof. Very very light car, around 790kg's. Dropping the clutch in anyway on take off would cause it to spin 1st and 2nd. Quite zippy but nothing over the top. Wouldve been fun to goto a track day with it.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #1,148 of 1,511
Townyj, 99spec, I love thee.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #1,149 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved my Swift GTI
smily_headphones1.gif
Great little car and the engine was bullet proof. Very very light car, around 790kg's. Dropping the clutch in anyway on take off would cause it to spin 1st and 2nd. Quite zippy but nothing over the top. Wouldve been fun to goto a track day with it.

I'm in love with that RX7........

Anyway, its such a shame that most Swifts I see these days have ridiculously oversized wheels and tasteless bodykits on them
frown.gif
Fortunately, a guy around my area had the good sense to keep his looking very stock but has modified the engine with a turbo kit of some sort (The intercooler is the only thing that gives away the car's performance).

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #1,150 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Townyj, 99spec, I love thee.

Cheers man
biggrin.gif
I always get looks driving it lol, people have asked me where you get them from aswell. Good fun!

Quote:

I'm in love with that RX7........

Anyway, its such a shame that most Swifts I see these days have ridiculously oversized wheels and tasteless bodykits on them
frown.gif
Fortunately, a guy around my area had the good sense to keep his looking very stock but has modified the engine with a turbo kit of some sort (The intercooler is the only thing that gives away the car's performance).

In all honesty i wouldve loved a Suzuki Cultus over the GTI, mainly for the 4wd reasoning.... Easier to Turbo etc. I kept my GTI stock with its normal bodykit, only threw some 15's on it and lowered her a little, exhaust and extractors with a K&N rampod.

I love the shape of the new one's. You can make them look fat as with the pumped guards.

Oh and thank you for the comment on my RX-7. She is pretty much stock, only has a HKS catback, full tein's all round and the 18" Volks.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #1,153 of 1,511
Wow they are some nice looking race cars!!
eek.gif

When i move to the big bad city, i would love to get my hands on a VW R32 as my daily driver
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #1,155 of 1,511
Quote:

No you don't. What you want is an Evo X.
biggrin.gif

Or, if you're like me and really don't give too much of a damn about creature comforts, a IX or even VI TM edition.

or fuel range/consumption, or having to change the tires every 4 months
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back