The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Mar 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #1,097 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's what i thought also before i got my gti. after having the manual car for over a year now, i can say that i'm not a big fan of the audi/vw gear boxes. long rubbery throws that don't feel anywhere near precise is what i'd describe it. my old 2001 s4 was the same way. if i could do it over again, i'd get the dsg in a heartbeat. otherwise the gti is a great car. unfortunately the car i had before the gti was a s2000, which probably soured my views on the gti's box.

Shifter bushings. Buy some. My old neon had a fairly imprecise shifter, and some poly bushings cured that and made it feel extra 'snappy'.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #1,098 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright car fans, what would you choose:

First gen MX5, or AE86 Corolla Levin.

Both of these options are mighty tempting to me at the moment. There's a lady near me who has an absolutely mint Levin, and I'm seriously considering making her an offer for it/convince her to sell it to me.

Depends on the climate. If you live someplace where it snows, and you value taking more than 2 people anywhere, I'd get the AE86. The miata is cool and all, but would kind of blow in a colder climate, plus it always looks kinda girly. No offense to any miata lovers... they just... I don't know. Maybe I'll warm up to them eventually.

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #1,099 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats a trueno. I'm talking about a Levin (Different headlight config).
tongue.gif

Nah, I'll keep it looking as stock as possible. Might have S2000 wheels on it to hint at the powertrain, but thats about it.

I plan on circuit racing whatever one I end up buying. I was going to just get a big motorbike, but my sister's fiance made a good case last night for not buying one (One of his current patients had his kidney completely crushed by a car in a 40km/hr impact with full protective gear on).

Racing + daily driver= bad idea.

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #1,103 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Racing + daily driver= bad idea.

Well, to be honest, the modifications are going to be quiet mild anyway since the miata will spend most of its time on the road with the occasional trackday. Carrying stuff won't be a consideration since I intend to keep my Yaris as well, so that will be my practical city runabout.

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #1,105 of 1,511
Nah, I like my cars to remain road legal
smily_headphones1.gif
Thats why the modifications are going to be very mild. Most of the money will go towards suspension, brakes and tyres. Engine will remain stock for the time being.

No point having a car just for circuit use for me at this point.

Now, back to classifieds hunting.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #1,106 of 1,511
I'm addicted to power,enough said. I do pay attention to the brakes and suspension because power is nothing if you can't control it but,well,my daily driver makes somewhere in the neighborhood of 270hp out of a 2 liter.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #1,108 of 1,511
I'm getting an RX-7 this year (FD3S). Been saving for about 2 years now. I'm on the fence however, I can't decide whether or not I should get a roller and put in a newly built motor, or just buy a running car and fix it as things fall apart. Should run about the same amount.

I've loved the car for years (before initial d and F & F). And now at 21 years of age, I shall make my dream come true, hopefully by xmas.

reliability is an issue, but thats why I also have a beater (chevy 99, tracker) technically a suzuki.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #1,109 of 1,511
Yeah, you can. If you've driven an SRT4 with a Stg II upgrade, you'd know what too much power is. It was a better car in stock form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back