The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Feb 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #886 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^A spot of street racing?

Neg there is a track less than an hour from where i live if i wanted to race id go there. More of a spot of bad luck and me being stupid. Took eyes off road, hit something in the street like a pot hole or something veered to the right. Tagged a Subie Wagon on the side of the street. Went under Subie wagon.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #887 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the GC8 very nicey built and real pretty car.

Sadly this is how my 2.5RS ended up Whon Whon Whonnnnnn.......

sad.jpg

Rocked the front clip of the car and pushed lots of things back and cracked the head. Car was like 12k damage was like 10.5k. Was totaled out.

That sucks dude. A lot. Poor GC8. I want a GC8 instead of my SVX so bad.... I'm so sick of the automatic. This car was my first automatic and it drives me nuts, and I refuse to pay $3000 for the conversion.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #892 of 1,511
Because it sucks. I knew someone with a 6, it was in the shop constantly for suspension problems. Rides like crap, handled like a boat, and was not fast at all. I knew someone else with a speed6, similar problems, plus higher insurance, differential problems, and transmission problems.

Mazda, in my experience, has a LONG way to come in terms of reliability.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #893 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it sucks. I knew someone with a 6, it was in the shop constantly for suspension problems. Rides like crap, handled like a boat, and was not fast at all. I knew someone else with a speed6, similar problems, plus higher insurance, differential problems, and transmission problems.

Mazda, in my experience, has a LONG way to come in terms of reliability.

Lean out the Mazda 6 and you get a free almost 60hp

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #894 of 1,511
While I cannot atest to reliability issues with the Mazdaspeed 6, my 6 has been nothing but great to me. It handles excellent, is plenty fast, and gets decent gas mileage. Mine is fully loaded; leather, 6 disc changer, Bose system, heated seats, sun roof, etc.
smile.gif

The Speed6 is a bad ass ride, 274 hp out of a boosted 4cyl. Sweet.

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #895 of 1,511
Yeah, I was pretty enamored with it when it debuted.... but after knowing people owning them, I'm pretty sure I'll avoid them.

Honestly I think one of the best blends of performance/reliability/fun/sophistication is the Saabaru.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #896 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know.... gotta chime in here. Cool you got some racing experience, but you don't need an STi to have a lot of fun. In fact, I've known quite a few guys in nasioc who started modding WRX's/STis, but then bought a beater honda civic... then started racing that instead, and are now much happier. The thing is, something like an STi eats through rotors, pads, tires, everything, because it's so much heavier. If you get a lighter car, like a CRX si or something, you can generally turn similar lap times, but your tires/rotors/pads last you an entire season of racing.

Something to think about. Scoobies are great, but for racing... you can do about the same with much much less.

This is definitely true, although weight isn't the only concern, of course. Of my two fun cars, it's the Miata that gets the track time, even though my other car is much lighter. The Miata is simply easier and cheaper to maintain than the other car, and much cheaper to fix if I break something. Makes the whole track experience much more fun when you're not worried about damage and expense.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #898 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA Doc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is definitely true, although weight isn't the only concern, of course. Of my two fun cars, it's the Miata that gets the track time, even though my other car is much lighter. The Miata is simply easier and cheaper to maintain than the other car, and much cheaper to fix if I break something. Makes the whole track experience much more fun when you're not worried about damage and expense.

Year, Mods, Specs o the yata =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back