The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Feb 11, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #751 of 1,511
Holy CRAP. The new genesis is THE car.

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe to start at $22,000 - Autoblog

$23,000 and change gets you a low pressure turbo 4 cylinder (210/233), 137mph, RWD, 6 speed manual, brembo 4 piston calipers on all four corners with 13.4 " rotors in front, 13" in back, 19" staggered rims with AA rated rubber, LSD, track tuned springs,struts, strut brace, quick ratio steering, keyless, MP3 CD with aux in.

DAMN. GOD DAMN. That is so much car for the money. Anybody who buys a base mustang/camaro is a freakin' moron, this is where it is AT.

Feb 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #752 of 1,511
I admit, new Camaro will be in a tight spot if that is US price. It might have double of the horsepower and torque, and especially has sound of V8, but price will most likely be double aswell. Challenger was a dissapointment, old musclecar legend reduced to overweighted (and therefore, gasguzzler that almost competes with old carb V8 tech...) luxury filled VIP (priced) car, so its out of the equation anyway... Camaro and Mustang look much better than Hyundai though, in my eyes that is, much more meaner and so forth, but still...

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #754 of 1,511
Yes they will. You admit yourself you have no idea which you'd rather have. All I'm saying is the mustang is screwed. The Genesis has the same power as a v6 model, weighs less, comes with tons of great bits (brembos, 6spd, lsd, track suspension, etc), and gets 30mpg, all for LESS than a v6 mustang. Amazing. Not sure how they do it. Plus... it says LOW PRESSURE TURBO. A quick reflash might be able to fix that into mild turbo, as in, MORE POWER. That car is great. It's ugly, but I want one so bad.

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #755 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy CRAP. The new genesis is THE car.

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe to start at $22,000 - Autoblog

$23,000 and change gets you a low pressure turbo 4 cylinder (210/233), 137mph, RWD, 6 speed manual, brembo 4 piston calipers on all four corners with 13.4 " rotors in front, 13" in back, 19" staggered rims with AA rated rubber, LSD, track tuned springs,struts, strut brace, quick ratio steering, keyless, MP3 CD with aux in.

DAMN. GOD DAMN. That is so much car for the money. Anybody who buys a base mustang/camaro is a freakin' moron, this is where it is AT.

I see a lot of Infiniti in that rear end.

Really nice package though.

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #756 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes they will. You admit yourself you have no idea which you'd rather have. All I'm saying is the mustang is screwed. The Genesis has the same power as a v6 model, weighs less, comes with tons of great bits (brembos, 6spd, lsd, track suspension, etc), and gets 30mpg, all for LESS than a v6 mustang. Amazing. Not sure how they do it. Plus... it says LOW PRESSURE TURBO. A quick reflash might be able to fix that into mild turbo, as in, MORE POWER. That car is great. It's ugly, but I want one so bad.

I'd probably agree with you, but I have to think the Hyundai nameplate is going to limit its potential, at least with a comparison to Mustang. I think if this was a Scion it would sell about a trillion cars.

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #757 of 1,511
Yeah, shame about the badge on the Genesis coupe. You know that no matter how good it is, it will still depreciate like a rock. However, I would certainly take one over a Mustank or that ugly new Camaro. But for another $10k or so, I would much rather have the new 370Z.

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #758 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, shame about the badge on the Genesis coupe. You know that no matter how good it is, it will still depreciate like a rock. However, I would certainly take one over a Mustank or that ugly new Camaro. But for another $10k or so, I would much rather have the new 370Z.

Actually, domestics depreciate much faster than most hyundais. Spec out a sonata or a malibu in the past few years, the malibu will be worth nothing. Hyundais are okay cars... I rented a Sonata and was blown away by how nice it was.

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #759 of 1,511
Hyundai used to be 100% crap cars. Then they bought the guy who made Mitsu good. He then came out with the 10yr/100k warranty and did a big re-shape of their cars. They are now pretty damn decent cars id say close to on scale with Hondas if not better in some aspects.

BTW id rock the crap out of that 2.0T Genesis 100k warranty on the power train. Just make sure it breaks before 100k
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #760 of 1,511
it'll be an interesting car especially since it's a RWD with fully independent suspension (rolls eyes at Mustang's rear axle) at this price. hyundais haven't been known for producing sporty cars but maybe this car will break them out of their mold. that being said, i don't think they've been too involved with motorsports either except for rallying. hopefully some that experience has translated to this car.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #761 of 1,511
Yeah, I haven't wanted a new car in a VERY VERY VERY VERY long time. Most mid 90s sporty cars were far superior to anything produced today, but this is... this is a game changer. Something designed for driving enthusiasts.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #762 of 1,511
I think the genesis will become the 200SX of current times. It certainly has potential to be a good tuner car. Heck, HKS released a tuned version late last year if my memory serves me correct. I just hope Hyundai Australia get the price right, cos these will sell like hotcakes if its affordable.

Having said that, it means we'll probably see many with fartcans and oversized 20" wheels on them with crap techno blasting out of crap speakers....

With regards to the SHO, it might not be the best thing in the world, but it clearly shows Ford US kind of get the fact that their previous cars were rubbish (Ford Europe is a different case here. I absolutely love the euro focus). Hopefully a fusion SHO is in the works as the fusion is smaller than the taurus.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #765 of 1,511
Honestly I think the car is ugly. But I don't care at all. It could be turd brown and look like a mini aztek... it wouldn't matter. The specs are what make that car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back