The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Jan 13, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #541 of 1,511
I've seen some of the Detroit stuff, mainly Jag XFR, Honda Insight and some others.

I've finally sorted myself some driving lessons, got a couple of questions I've asked in another thread, though. Please answer my questions if you can
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/fi...9/#post5283887

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #542 of 1,511
Couple of interesting tibits of news:

1) Pics and Video: Scuderia Ferrari F60 gets on track - Autoblog

New Ferrari F1 car looks like an overgrown go kart

2) Naked carbon-fiber Lotus Elise roaming Hong Kong - Autoblog

I've found my new daily driver. I hope to see this thing in HK when I go there tomorrow.

3) 2009 Tokyo Auto Salon: Mugen NSX RR - Autoblog

Looks kinda weird. I'm not sure I like it as much as a normal NSX-R, but this is essentially a road going GT500 car, so I could let it off the hook for that.

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #544 of 1,511
Bernie and Mosley have messed up F1 in my opinion.

I miss the good old days of Group C racing though. I think the formula for that would work in today's climate since each team was restricted in the total amount of fuel they could burn in each race.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #545 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, obviously technically all radio is paid - either by membership drives, or by advertising, or by subsidies, or by subscriptions. I have a few free months of satellite radio ahead of me and remain skeptical that it's a viable business, but it's doing many things well, and some better than terrestrial or internet radio does. CDs in the car are fine, but even with six at a time I feel it's just another version of heavy rotation radio programming, and I like to tune into things that are now - news, sports, live broadcasts... can't get that on your discs yet...

I often end up using my iphone in the car with Pandora. Plays from the same hard-wired line outs I've got for my Classic 160gig (although it won't charge the phone), and you get completely commercial-free "radio" like satellite radio, but with customizable stations and no additional cost than what I'm already paying for the iPhone. Quality is good enough in the car, as my cars are very noisy and it's impossible to appreciate very high quality sound in them anyway.

If you've got a device that can access Pandora and can be somehow mated to your car stereo, it's a good way to go for unlimited, commercial-free tunes.

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #546 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA Doc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I often end up using my iphone in the car with Pandora. Plays from the same hard-wired line outs I've got for my Classic 160gig (although it won't charge the phone), and you get completely commercial-free "radio" like satellite radio, but with customizable stations and no additional cost than what I'm already paying for the iPhone. Quality is good enough in the car, as my cars are very noisy and it's impossible to appreciate very high quality sound in them anyway.

If you've got a device that can access Pandora and can be somehow mated to your car stereo, it's a good way to go for unlimited, commercial-free tunes.

True facts. Pandora is the sheezy.

Jan 16, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #555 of 1,511

Users who are viewing this thread

Back