The Canon Thread
Dec 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2,612 of 2,718
Ah!

Vello's: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/743382-REG/Vello_LA_MFT_LM_Micro_4_3_To_Leica.html

Honestly, though, I don't remember paying that much for it.  Fits tight on both the camera and lens with no perceptible play.  I think if I changed lenses more often, I would get the OE Panasonic or Voightlander adapter but my other M-mount lenese are 90 and 135mm which are effectively too long for what I want to do with MFT.

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #2,617 of 2,718
I've only been talking about it for a year but I finally cashed in some Amazon points after an appropriate price drop on the lens itself:

and a 100% crop from a 1/5 second handheld exposure:

I'll be spending more time with this lens going forward.  It's certainly larger than the old 35/2 but should still make a good walkabout lens.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #2,618 of 2,718
  I've only been talking about it for a year but I finally cashed in some Amazon points after an appropriate price drop on the lens itself:

and a 100% crop from a 1/5 second handheld exposure:

I'll be spending more time with this lens going forward.  It's certainly larger than the old 35/2 but should still make a good walkabout lens.

Niicee..  Congrats. I sure wish my 85L II had IS; if so, that's all I would ever carry..

Dec 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2,620 of 2,718
Yup.  When I buy a lens from Amazon, I always wait for my points to come in before buying any accessories for it.  In this case, it'll pay for more than half the price of the hood.  Makes the overpriced nature of the hood easier to swallow.

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #2,621 of 2,718
So I guess nobody has tried lens adapters before... or maybe you guys are Nikon haters! haha

I think the D5100 at $375 is a better value than a similar Pentax.  They really don't get cheap, even on CL

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #2,623 of 2,718
This place is quiet compared to that-other-not-Canon thread, lol.

Anyway, I picked up a Phottix tripod collar for my 100L. At one fifth the price of the Canon version, it is a bargain. As far as I can tell, build quality is good. The entire construction is metal, the tripod mount and bushing seems strong enough, and the insides of the collar is lined with a soft material to protect the lens from scratching.

The fit is quite tight though, so it will take more effort to rotate between landscape and portrait orientation.

(please don't mind the frankenplate in the shot, lol)

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #2,624 of 2,718
  This place is quiet compared to that-other-not-Canon thread, lol.

Anyway, I picked up a Phottix tripod collar for my 100L. At one fifth the price of the Canon version, it is a bargain. As far as I can tell, build quality is good. The entire construction is metal, the tripod mount and bushing seems strong enough, and the insides of the collar is lined with a soft material to protect the lens from scratching.

The fit is quite tight though, so it will take more effort to rotate between landscape and portrait orientation.

(please don't mind the frankenplate in the shot, lol)

Which rail is that and how much?  Is it pretty stable when camera is cranked to the end?

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,625 of 2,718
That's the Manfrotto 454 micropositioning plate (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554343-REG/Manfrotto_454_454_Micrometric_Positioning_Sliding.html).

Can't really comment on stability of the plate alone, because currently I have it mounted on a Manfrotto 498RC4 and the old version 055ProB tripod -- not really the most stable combination in the world. The legs are the weakest point, certainly doesn't make it suitable for any sort of focus stacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back