The Call of Duty Thread. (Everything CoD)
Jun 21, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #46 of 53
  Ghosts is the worst cod ive played, The maps are way too big for only 6 a side Team death match is just boring I can never find any1 every1 just hides up, the spawns are awful just as I spawn and think this is a good spawn point quite corner at the back of the map im shot ion the back by a camper sitting in that corner whos been there the whole game before I can even move. The invinceable knife lunge is insane you can lunge a good 10m while being inmune to bullets. The lag again is horrid if you have a low ping to the host ur gonna end up 500 - 1000ms behind the game and shooting players who can teleport , sponge bullets and bend there bullets round 2corners gets tiresome very quickly, the lag wasn't that bad a few months ago I think the match making got broke in a recent update. MW3 was the last good cod my total time play time on that game was 32days. I play titanfall now its so much better than cod in everyway.

I haven't been playing for a while now - because of stuff like this I just don't have the urge to come back.

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #47 of 53
More or less just agreeing with all those that hate Ghosts. Loved BO2 didn't car much for MW3. But I love to run n gun you know really actually enjoy playing not having a super high kd that doesn't mean crap if you got it by corner camping or sitting in the back of a map. I still play it occasionally (multiplayer that is) but I will say I absolutely love the extinction maps and storyline they're complete gold also the actual campaign was the best I've ever played in cod so I will give them that credit but a game that activily encourages camping is garbage in fact I'm not even getting the newest Advanced Warfare I am however stoked about the Destiny game coming out next month.

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #48 of 53
I have enjoyed call of duty up until Mw3. Every cod before that i managed to rack up about 900 hours. Idk what it is but I just don't find them as enjoyable as the first ones. Blackops 1 and mw2 had to be my favorite. Cod ghost just doesn't feel like cod, maps are huge, game play is slow. Is anyone going to buy the next one?

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #49 of 53
 Well I play on pc, and promod is on a whole different level gamewise. It is more esport than casual gaming, where teamwork is more important than the amount of kills
smily_headphones1.gif

I've always been a pc gamer, never got into the consoles much. Cod4 was pretty much the end of the line for me, bops2 was ok, zombies was a blast for a short time. Without dedicated servers and mod tools they pretty much managed to kill the cod pc community on the newer versions. I still play a few rounds of hardcore search and destroy on broadcast in the morning couple times a week however.

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #50 of 53
Hello Gentlemen,

I need some help with Soundcardsettings for COD BO2.
My Problem is some of my friends still hear the footsteps better than I can hear it.
We have tested it and the Turtle Beach PX21 Guy and the Asus STX Beyerdynamic 880 guy could hear footsteps better.
I have a Asus Phoebus (and a Creative Z that I don`t use) and several headphones (Beyer Dynamic 990 Pro, HD598 and the Sony MDR MA900 my fav.).
I saw the Sony @Amazon for 125€ including shipping. After Mad Lusts review I had to catch them.
Mad Lust Envy made fantastic reviews, so I was happy, that a good friend showed me these forums.
A Headphone paradise! Thank you guys.
I thought, that Dolby headphone surround off would be the best compromise in gaming and Soundquality. My aim is not to get the maximum of step hearing, but the get the best Mix in detection and sound quality. The Xear settings are creapy, who can play with this?!
I saw the Dolby Headphone Software of the STX and it is by far better than that little Dolby home Theatre bar. Is there a chance to get another Dolby Software running with the Phoebus? If not, what are your headphone Settings with the Phoebus?
The Awarness perk is not my favourite one. It doesn`t fit to my classes. It slows down the gameplay and leads most people to excessive camping in SnD. I only play SnD HC.
I have searched everywhere, but found nothing (except some youtube things and the standard stuff (supercrunch...)).
1700+ pages to read uhm, thats too much :D
My hardware and COD Skill is ok (BO2 K/D 1.70)

Please help me to get the best mix in gaming.

English is not my native language, so sorry about errors and misunderstandigs on.

It is my first post here. @Admins, please don`t kill me, if I am in the wrong thread :).

Best regards,

Wulf

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #51 of 53
  Hello Gentlemen,

I need some help with Soundcardsettings for COD BO2.
My Problem is some of my friends still hear the footsteps better than I can hear it.
We have tested it and the Turtle Beach PX21 Guy and the Asus STX Beyerdynamic 880 guy could hear footsteps better.
I have a Asus Phoebus (and a Creative Z that I don`t use) and several headphones (Beyer Dynamic 990 Pro, HD598 and the Sony MDR MA900 my fav.).
I saw the Sony @Amazon for 125€ including shipping. After Mad Lusts review I had to catch them.
Mad Lust Envy made fantastic reviews, so I was happy, that a good friend showed me these forums.
A Headphone paradise! Thank you guys.
I thought, that Dolby headphone surround off would be the best compromise in gaming and Soundquality. My aim is not to get the maximum of step hearing, but the get the best Mix in detection and sound quality. The Xear settings are creapy, who can play with this?!
I saw the Dolby Headphone Software of the STX and it is by far better than that little Dolby home Theatre bar. Is there a chance to get another Dolby Software running with the Phoebus? If not, what are your headphone Settings with the Phoebus?
The Awarness perk is not my favourite one. It doesn`t fit to my classes. It slows down the gameplay and leads most people to excessive camping in SnD. I only play SnD HC.
I have searched everywhere, but found nothing (except some youtube things and the standard stuff (supercrunch...)).
1700+ pages to read uhm, thats too much :D
My hardware and COD Skill is ok (BO2 K/D 1.70)

Please help me to get the best mix in gaming.

English is not my native language, so sorry about errors and misunderstandigs on.

It is my first post here. @Admins, please don`t kill me, if I am in the wrong thread :).

Best regards,

Wulf

I don't think there is any way you can get Dolby Headphone for your Phoebus. Dolby Headphone can be little hollow sounding but Dolby Headphone is still better for competitive gaming than DHTv4 because DHT can be very confusing with its real sound clues, it can be great for simulating a cinematic movie theatre like environment by boosting some frequency ranges, but it can be frustrating to use for competitive gaming.. to me Phoebus is nothing but a overpriced product that offers nothing for gamers. Xear surround/Xear headphone/DTS Ultra PC2 are nothing but garbage algorithms.      

P.S : Why are you not using your SB Z ? according to the impressions here SBX surround could be better than Dolby Headphone.

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #52 of 53
First, make sure your drivers are all current (if it really matters IDK, I haven't seen much difference). I also made the mistake of purchasing the Phoebus prior to knowing about this website. I have yet to find a setting on it that I prefer for gaming, most the time I just leave xear and dhtv4 off altogether. I'm not familiar with BOPS2 but I would guess they kept it the same as BOPS1 and you have the choice under sound settings to turn music off?? If so, and you haven't already done so, get rid of that extra sound garbage. Another thing that has helped me was to pick a setting and stick with it. In the beginning I changed settings constantly looking for the perfect game settings, which in turn slightly changes the sound stage, presentation and everything else making it harder to pick up on where people are. After I stuck with one setting, got used to how it presented the game, it was far easier to judge where people were.

As far as hearing footsteps I've never had a problem
confused_face_2.gif
. Turn volume up?

"Change Presets to Supercrunch. Turn off Music volume. Keep Voice volume around mid way as the character voices can give positions away when they scream reloading etc." - BOPS2 Forum

You may have already done this however.

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #53 of 53
Thank you guys for your replys.
I did all the Settings in COD that would help.
Don`t get me wrong, I can hear the sounds very good, but it could be better with the equipement I thought. It is a little bit annoying, that the Phoebus fails (a little bit) in the headphone category.
Are there some recommended settings for the Equalizer / in the whole Dolby console?
I `ll give the Creative a try. (..and will buy somewhen one of the big ones, a ZXR or STX2, are there any new in the pipe?)
Another nice thing is the ACU of the Turtle Beach XP Seven. I get good results in gaming with it (it is not that good for music). It only needs an amp to increase the volume, but the footsteps Setting is very bad. I only use treble Boost.

Damn it, I think, that I am infected by the headphone Virus. I dream of an AKG K712. A 702/1 would be better for gaming, but I would like to have a real good gaming headphone with a great fun part. The 598 and 900 are already in the gaming area. The Alpha Dog is a Little bit too expensive (do... but still on my List).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back