The Call of Duty Thread. (Everything CoD)
Apr 4, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #31 of 53
Am I the only one around here who thinks MW3 was the best CoD, and is still enjoying it?
Although it's really annoying with all the invisible glitchers/hackers (playing on PS3)
I'm not that good at it (1.081 KDR, used to be 1.7) though, but I enjoy it :)
20th prestige with 10 golden weapons, yay!

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #32 of 53
MW3 was the 2nd worst game of the post Co4 games for me. It was more of the same coming from MW2 (not a bad thing), but with utterly inferior maps. Maps make or break CoD games for me, and MW3's maps just really sucked. BLOPS2 is the one I hate most if because of the maps being the WORST of all, but I have to say that everything else was solid.

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #33 of 53
MW3 was the 2nd worst game of the post Co4 games for me. It was more of the same coming from MW2 (not a bad thing), but with utterly inferior maps. Maps make or break CoD games for me, and MW3's maps just really sucked. BLOPS2 is the one I hate most if because of the maps being the WORST of all, but I have to say that everything else was solid.

Well I do respect your opinion, and you're kind of right about the maps.
Some of the maps are really, really bad (Looking at fallen and ALL the DLC maps, I really cannot stand these maps). But it also had some good maps, like seatown, hardhat and dome.
I think Ghost is the worst one (don't hate me please), I wish I kept my 70 euro's and bought some audio gear with it. Behind Ghost is BO2, Also hated that one (Bought it because of zombies, and the zombies mode loved to freeze on the PS3, lost multiple 40+ waves on it, and the zombies on BO1 are way more fun IMO, also the lack of private match was really annoying, you always had to glitch with extra controllers into a public match to get your rank saved)
I had a lot of fun on MW3, but I can see why people don't like it.
In BO1, the multiplayer was pretty "slow", but it wasn't too bad. The zombies is what made me love the game, I still play it sometimes.
I have MW2 laying around here, but I never really play it, for some reason I never really feel like it.
Also got World at War, wanted to get it because of the zombies (and it was only 10 euro's), but I found out I only got one map.
The multiplayer is fun, but filled with hackers.
I don't got COD4 :frowning2:
Got COD3 for on my PS2, never played it though
Don't got COD2 :frowning2:
COD1 is the absolute worst, it almost had me crying out of hatred for the game at some points in the campaign, the multiplayer doesn't offer you anything and here's no extra game mode. But you can't blame it because it was the first CoD game and it's pretty old. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #34 of 53
Hi folks. I'm pretty much an exclusive CoD player (PS4) and thought I'd share my audio findings here. Having tried the best that the two big gaming audio manufacturers had to offer, I've always thought that there must be something better.  Looking round the internet, I came across the excellent MLE guide and for that I'm thankful.

I've settled for the ATH-ADG1s paired with Astro's Mixamp. I've tried Turtle Beach's ACU and my opinion is the Mixamp  provides better volume control and its Pro setting is much better than the ACU's equivalent preset 7.
The headset itself is very comfortable and provides excellent audio cues. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #35 of 53
MW3 was one of two CoD games I didn't enjoy and stopped playing very early, so thankfully I didn't get a chance to rage at being on the wrong side of that glitch.

Invisible glitch? Yikes. And here I thought MW2's javelin glitch was the worst glitch ever.

Cheaters are the worst. As soon as I see one in the lobby, I report them and leave the game.

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #36 of 53
MW3 was one of two CoD games I didn't enjoy and stopped playing very early, so thankfully I didn't get a chance to rage at being on the wrong side of that glitch.

Invisible glitch? Yikes. And here I thought MW2's javelin glitch was the worst glitch ever.

Cheaters are the worst. As soon as I see one in the lobby, I report them and leave the game.

Yeah, it's waaaay worse than the javelin glitch.
You can't see them (with marksman perk you can actually see their names), you can hit them, and recon kicks in and such, you get hitmarkers, but they don't die.
Me and a friend of mine were playing 2v2, and he got a throwing knife cross map spawn hitmarker. Then we saw the throwing knife flying right in front of us, and getting knifed out of nowhere.. Another one of these glitchers...
As far as I know it's a special class that causes the glitch, and you can't use your primary weapon while using that class. Not that you need it, you're invisible and can't die!
When playing for like 2 hours, you usually see about 4 to 8 people abusing the glitch, which is really annoying. You have two options, lose and get killed, or just quit the game and hope you don't get in the same lobby again.
Infinity Ward says you have to report them on the forums, but they don't do anything about it. Heck, you could even talk about bombing a building in real life, because they don't look at the game anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if terrorists use it to talk about their plans on it.
Players even made a list of people abusing the glitch (with picture evidence) on the forums, and still nothing happend.
:frowning2: I personally love MW3, but this is just getting way out of hand.

What was the other CoD you didn't enjoy..?

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #37 of 53
Black Ops 2.

My problem with the more recent CoD games is that the maps are getting too big, and too cluttered. There are so many paths, corners, and the like, and it really starts to benefit campers. Ghost is the same way, but it being the only CoD this new gen, I still play it. I wish we could get a 1080p perfect port for MW1 and Black Ops 1.

Corner campers are the bane of CoD games. I can't freaking stand campers that literally hug corner somewhere waiting for others to pass by for the easy kill.

They really need to add an undefeatable perk that allows you to see people that stand in one spot for longer than say, 3 seconds. Yes, even if you're not camping and are aiming for someone while in the window, you'd be vulnerable.

Just... I'm fed up with these kind of players.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #38 of 53
Black Ops 2.

My problem with the more recent CoD games is that the maps are getting too big, and too cluttered. There are so many paths, corners, and the like, and it really starts to benefit campers. Ghost is the same way, but it being the only CoD this new gen, I still play it. I wish we could get a 1080p perfect port for MW1 and Black Ops 1.

Corner campers are the bane of CoD games. I can't freaking stand campers that literally hug corner somewhere waiting for others to pass by for the easy kill.

They really need to add an undefeatable perk that allows you to see people that stand in one spot for longer than say, 3 seconds. Yes, even if you're not camping and are aiming for someone while in the window, you'd be vulnerable.

Just... I'm fed up with these kind of players.

I totally agree with you, the only thing about blops1 was that it felt 'slow'. You had to shoot many bullets into one person before it died. And I also care about my level on the game. The XP bar went like a snail, I only got to 4th prestige before saying "yeah, I'm done". With MW3 I'm at max level (20th prestige, level 80) for a while now, also got 11 golden weapons (need like 1K kills per weapon the way I play) and I'm still not done. But that's just a matter of opinion I think.

The thing about the undefeatable perk is a great idea, they already did it with ghost if I'm not mistaking, or whatever it's called, the perk that makes you invisible from the radar, even when a spy plane/UAV is online, but when you stand still for a while, the perk goes off. Or was that in BO2..? I can't even remember.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #39 of 53
I believe that was in BLOPS2, not Ghost. Since I actively play Ghosts, I wish it made it to this game. But perks tend to have a counter perk, so am i correct to assume there was some perk that would keep these players hidden?

I mean like, being able to see them through walls like infrared, IF they stand still. I think BLOPS2 has that, but not sure how well implemented it is.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #40 of 53
I believe that was in BLOPS2, not Ghost. Since I actively play Ghosts, I wish it made it to this game. But perks tend to have a counter perk, so am i correct to assume there was some perk that would keep these players hidden?

I mean like, being able to see them through walls like infrared, IF they stand still. I think BLOPS2 has that, but not sure how well implemented it is.

I don't know, didn't like BLOPS2, the only reason I played it was because my friends did, and otherwise I'd feel alone LOL.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #41 of 53
Ironically, I'm a lone wolf, and rarely ever play with friends. When I play TDM, I basically just do my own thing. When i play FFA and Gun Game... I tend to dominate, lol. Must be all that lone wolf style of gaming.

I find that playing as a lone wolf has more advantages for me, as I get to do my own thing without having teammates give away my position with their loud as hell footsteps, etc. Also, they tend to get me killed by blocking my exits, etc.

I maintain focus when I play alone. hen I play with friends, we talk so much, I can't concentrate the same way. I'm out of my 'zone' so to speak.

Apr 10, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #42 of 53
Ironically, I'm a lone wolf, and rarely ever play with friends. When I play TDM, I basically just do my own thing. When i play FFA and Gun Game... I tend to dominate, lol. Must be all that lone wolf style of gaming.

I find that playing as a lone wolf has more advantages for me, as I get to do my own thing without having teammates give away my position with their loud as hell footsteps, etc. Also, they tend to get me killed by blocking my exits, etc.

I maintain focus when I play alone. hen I play with friends, we talk so much, I can't concentrate the same way. I'm out of my 'zone' so to speak.

Yeah you can concentrate better on your own, and teammates love to block you, you're right on that.
But lately, I've not been playing CoD to be good, but just to have some fun.
I get the most horrible fails and deaths lately, and I'm laughing my ass off. I used to get mad but I don't really care anymore. Doing it for fun and golden weapons now, mainly the fun.

May 12, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #44 of 53
Ghosts is the worst cod ive played, The maps are way too big for only 6 a side Team death match is just boring I can never find any1 every1 just hides up, the spawns are awful just as I spawn and think this is a good spawn point quite corner at the back of the map im shot ion the back by a camper sitting in that corner whos been there the whole game before I can even move. The invinceable knife lunge is insane you can lunge a good 10m while being inmune to bullets. The lag again is horrid if you have a low ping to the host ur gonna end up 500 - 1000ms behind the game and shooting players who can teleport , sponge bullets and bend there bullets round 2corners gets tiresome very quickly, the lag wasn't that bad a few months ago I think the match making got broke in a recent update. MW3 was the last good cod my total time play time on that game was 32days. I play titanfall now its so much better than cod in everyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back