The Boss is back
Sep 13, 2002 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 18
The Boss is old now!

Ah, the truth is out. It's not Springsteen's songs we're talking about, it's his age.
Using that criteria, you should probably not listen to a lot of your classical recordings. Beethoven wrote the Ninth when he was in his fifties, so it should be discarded.
Grace Slick gave up performing because (paraphrase) "Nobody wants to see a fifty year old broad shaking her ass on stage". She's right. I don't really want to see Mick, or Bruce up on stage shaking their ass, but I do enjoy listening to their music. I will say that I'd probably rather see Grace up on stage than Britney, at least Grace can sing.
I also enjoy music by "younger" artists. I've bought some of the albums named in DA's long running thread (Opeth, Cradle of Filth, My Dying Bride), and found them very good, and I'm older than the Boss.
I guess all this "old fart" is trying to say is that music is music, and if it is good it doesn't matter how "old' or "young" the artist is.

Sep 13, 2002 at 4:25 PM Post #17 of 18
You guys know I am just yanking your chain........I will get new Springsteen CD this weekend
cool.gif

Rick
Would be interested if you posted some impressions over at the "dark" thread of your acquisitions. Seems myself, KR, and Dusty are the only ones exchanging ideas there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back