The Beyerdynamic Byron Series (IFA 2016)
Sep 6, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #31 of 170
I just listed to the latest Plantronic Back beat to go 3, the different is quite huge, going to get the BT once it is available in my region. The bullet design of the housing is small, it doesnt really chuck directly into my small ears. The magnet design is not the latest but handy nevertheless.

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #32 of 170
That's encouraging... Hopefully local store stock em up early so I can demo them :)

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #36 of 170

Beyerdynamic's Byron Series
A new earphone lineup!
 ​
 ​
An Introduction From The Ground ​

While visiting the Beyerdynamic booth earlier today at IFA 2016 to touch base on the DT1990, I was introduced to the Beyerdynamic Byron Series of earphones by Anja @ Beyerdynamic. It's primarily comprised of three new product releases:  The Byron (49 euros), Byron BT (99 Euros) and the Byron BTA (199 Euros).  The Byron BT and BTA are both rated for 7.5 hours of playback, and are equipped appropriately with Qualcomm's AptX codec.  The latter model is also AAC compatible.  Furthermore, the luxury Byron BTA has additional DSP that supposedly offers better sound than the regular Byron BT.

I'm currently playing around with Byron BT, and I have to say that I am enjoying it a lot. While certainly not super hi-res, these sound great for the price, and I'll be posting further impressions when I do get the chance.

Specifications​

Model
Byron
Transducer type
Dynamic
Operating principle
Closed
Frequency response
10 – 23,000 Hz
Nominal impedance
23 ohms
Nominal SPL
105 dB
Sound coupling to the ear
In-ear
Transmission
Wired
Length and type of cable
1.2m / double-sided
Connection
3.5 mm jack plug, 4-pin
Weight
13 g
Accessories
3 pairs of eartips
Cable clip
Soft bag
MAP (Germany)
EUR 49

Model
Byron BT
Byron BTA
Transducer type
Dynamic
Dynamic
Operating principle
Closed
Closed
Frequency response
10 – 23,000 Hz
10 – 25,000 Hz
Nominal SPL
90 dB
90 dB
Sound coupling to the ear
In-ear
In-ear
Transmission
Wireless
Wireless
Length and type of cable
0.56m / double-sided
0.56m / double-sided
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Standard 4.1
Bluetooth Standard 4.2
Wireless radius
Up to 10 m
Up to 10 m
Bluetooth profile
HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, SPP
HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, SPP
Codec
Qualcomm aptX®
Qualcomm aptX®, AAC
Battery life
Up to 7.5 h
Up to 7.5 h
Battery charging
About 2 h
About 1.5 h
Weight
13 g
12 g
Accessories
3 pairs of eartips
1 pair of ear hooks
Micro-USB charging cable
Soft bag
3 pairs of eartips
1 pair of ear hooks
USB-A charging cradle
Soft bag
MAP (Germany)
EUR 99
EUR 199

Images​

​
 ​
 ​

Beyerdynamic DX120 And 160 without long wires.
cool looking
anyone got hands on?

Sep 13, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #37 of 170
Hi All, this is my first post! 

I recently purchased the BTA and I like it a lot. 

I wanted an opinion on replacement eartips for the Beyerdynamic BTA wireless. I accidentally ripped the small size replacement while trying out the other sizes, and it was after I tried the other sizes I realized the small size worked best for me. 
frown.gif

I assumed it would fit the same eartips as the other Beyerdynamic IEMs, and after using Comply's fit guide, I ended up getting small Comply T400s, and small 5mm silicone tips of Amazon. The T400s and the silicone tips were too big.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what specific silicone tips would be a good fit?
In reference to the SpinFit, would they be CP-100 or CP-800? 

I included a few photos/pictures of the BTA wireless. 
Sorry, it says I do not have the required permissions to post photos with the photo icon.

http://tinypic.com/r/2rdu614/9
-Photo of the piece without the silicone.

http://tinypic.com/r/15miety/9
-My crude measurements

http://tinypic.com/r/2uzp25z/9
-Silicone tip is inverted, the middle hole is about 3mm.

Thanks everyone, sorry that my first post was too long. 
confused_face.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #45 of 170
Hi all. I'm a wireless in ear nut. I have said many times how much the jaybirds stink. So I have nuforce be6. Pretty good. B&o h5- great if you love bright headphones. And then the rbh epsb- unbeaten in detail or sq by any bt in ear. While I know I'm going to have to buy these, I'm really hoping someone could do a comparison as I I don't want to waste money if they just aren't better than the rbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back