The Best Way to play our Audio file in Hifi System
Jun 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bpanjaitan

New Head-Fier
Hi friends..

I'm  new and want to start the experience in audiophile environment.
I plan to buy Integrated Amp , Marantz PM5004 (second hand), and want to connect it with my old ipod touch gen 4.
But i just read and do research about DAC.  And i'm also interested with DAP, like Hifiman, fiio x3, cowon J3. In many review articles/forum, said that they are better than ipod, in term of sq.

so i need advise from all the expert here..
1) What is the best way to play Audio files, such as Flac, wav, aac  to Hifi system?
    is it via mp3 player ->DAC> Speaker,  or
    mp3 player ->integrated Amp > Speaker

2) Is there a way to connect our Android Smartphone to Integrated Amp or DAC, that will use the sound card in DAC or Amp to read the audio file, instead of the sound production from the cellphone?

Many thanks...

Best,
BP

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Bro Kim

My smartphone is Experia J.
My Budget for DAC max at USD 250-300
Does this means:   Smartphone > DAC>Amp>Speaker ?

How about Flash Disk(Flac) > Receiver > Amp> Speaker?
Anyone ever find the difference?

Thanks again for the help..

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Thanks Bro Kim

My smartphone is Experia J.
My Budget for DAC max at USD 250-300
Does this means:   Smartphone > DAC>Amp>Speaker ?

How about Flash Disk(Flac) > Receiver > Amp> Speaker?
Anyone ever find the difference?

Thanks again for the help..

1st part: Yes. I think Experia supports usb audio(check the android tread). Anyways, I've heard that ODAC is one of the greatest DACs, beating $300-$500 range DACs, so look in to that.

2nd part: It depends. Does your receiver have an built in amp? If it does, it's best to find a way to bypass the internal amp. As long as the DAC in your receivers are good, they should be as good as, if not better than your phone+DAC.

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #5 of 5
All the files that you have on your smart phone should already be on your PC or available there. I would just get a Sonos Connect and call it a day. They are better than a cheap DAC via USB IMO and is a well integrated setup with internet radio and music services as part of the package. They also have digital out in case you get something more serious in a DAC later. No HiDef but it's the thing I think sounds and functions best in this price range regardless of bit rate.

Your smart phone will also make a great remote for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back