The best *VENTED/OPEN* Dynamic IEM
May 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
The title says it all. I really need an open vented IEM for my house. I really don't care about the price. But it's very difficult to hear my family with the UM3X and the comply p-series:wink:

May 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 40
IE8/FX700/Radius DDMs come to mind for bad isolation. But you know, even with the worst isolating IEMs, I still think it's pretty tough to hear outside noises when you have your volume turned up quite moderately. Go find an earbud, if you don't want to get speakers..

May 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 40
IE8/FX700/Radius DDMs come to mind for bad isolation. But you know, even with the worst isolating IEMs, I still think it's pretty tough to hear outside noises when you have your volume turned up quite moderately. Go find an earbud, if you don't want to get speakers.

. I might look into the radius DDM. It strikes me as interesting

May 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 40
Yes Phiaton's half in ear design should suit your needs well, but for an open dynamic iem I'd have to recommend the FX700. This is of course, without considering your musical preferences. 

May 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #6 of 40
Brainwavz Beta as well, has the same design as Phiaton PS210

May 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #7 of 40
I have some IEMs such as the Panasonic RP-HJE450 that are vented and offer very little isolation. When wearing them with the music  off, ambient noise is decreased very little. With music playing though, even at low volume, it is hard to hear what is going on around you. If you need to hear your surroundings, I suggest you use traditional earbuds  or an open headphone, and keep the volume low.

May 7, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 40
The Sony EX1000 is quite vented. The design itself offers very little isolation but at the same time is comfortable, with very little / no cable noise. Sound quality is stellar as well.

May 7, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #11 of 40
Quote:
Vsonic GR07 should be considered a good contender.

Isolation is a little high on the GR07 I would have thought. The vent is quite small and additionally the entire earphone body blocks the ear.

May 7, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:
I don't think he wants a earphones with terrible isolation.
I think he wants one that is vented. Almost like an open-back modded denon.

In all honesty, no idea gab!
May the penguins be strong in you.

Um. Something that is vented by its nature should have terrible isolation...

But if you wanted something that was more or less completely open back, the only option that springs to mind is the Bose IE2.

May 7, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Um. Something that is vented by its nature should have terrible isolation...

But if you wanted something that was more or less completely open back, the only option that springs to mind is the Bose IE2.

well yes by definition.  But seems people are giving recommendations to the best IEM they heard with the worst isolation.
I don't think he cares about isolation, he cares about them being "open/airy" sounding.

I dunno just a guess.

May 7, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:
well yes by definition.  But seems people are giving recommendations to the best IEM they heard with the worst isolation.
I don't think he cares about isolation, he cares about them being "open/airy" sounding.

I dunno just a guess.

Quote:
The title says it all. I really need an open vented IEM for my house. I really don't care about the price. But it's very difficult to hear my family with the UM3X and the comply p-series:wink:

I think he wants to hear people yelling at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back