The best tweak ever!
Nov 19, 2001 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Or you can go back to listening to your stock portable cans for a week, then return to your hi-fi cans, I promise you will love them so much more
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2001 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Yes, this how you appreciate what you've got.

Listening every day for too many hours will make you pick out everything that's wrong with your main gear.

Listening when you wake up or late at nite, and every other day after, is the best "listening schedule" I've found. In between that, I listen to my lesser gear.

Nov 19, 2001 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 7
When I was a small kid in Washington DC growing up, I used to dislike the hot humid summers. One day I hit upon a great idea. I would sit in one of the cars in the driveway with the windows all rolled up, baking and sweltering in the noonday sun. After about 15 - 20 minutes of that self torture, I would emerge into the sweltering 98 degree, 98% humidity, which was common for DC summers feeling totaly refreshed. I proclaimed to my dad that I found a great way to better appreciate DC summers. "Dad, if you sit in the car with the windows rolled up for half an hour, then when you get out, it feels nice and cool." To which my dad replied; "Yeah, and if you hit yourself repeatedly in the head with a hammer; and then you stop, it feels good!"

Oh well, so much for that bright idea! So perhaps self depravation is not the answer after all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy listening!

Nov 19, 2001 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 7
Yes, I suppose boomboxes and computer speakers are the equivalent to hammering your head or roasting thy body to some.

smily_headphones1.gif

I can't stand my 13 inch monitor while my 25 is being fixed though
eek.gif

Nov 20, 2001 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Yes, I suppose boomboxes and computer speakers are the equivalent to hammering your head or roasting thy body to some.

I have solved that problem myself - while they don't compare too well to my HD600s, my computer setup is an enjoyable listen
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back