The best sleep I've had in a looong time
Jun 10, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
I agree that futons are best for mattresses. But I have a memory foam pillow that is great and has cut out the neck-aches I used to get.

I just got one of those myself! It certainly is a nice upgrade.

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 20
So, why were you sleeping in the basement?
biggrin.gif

Tip: if you are ever travelling and sleep in a great bed, either check out the mattress labels (and the box spring) or ask management.

I slept in a Tampa, Florida Motel (opposite a Truck Stop) and I had the best sleep I have ever had in my life. I left without asking who made the bed. I've been kicking myself ever since.

My brother loved the wide King sized beds in Tennessee but failed to ask them who made them. He is still kicking himself.

My sister had the best sleep ever in Virginia - and didn't ask who made the bed. She is still kicking herself to this day. It's now just a wonderful memeory.

The one big problem with thick mattresses is that they are a pain to move when you relocate. Mine is only about 15 inches thick and luckily folds in the middle. It's a California King (longer than wider) but I think if I ever get another it will be the oversized wide King. I'll take mine in a 20 inch thickness, thank you.

Actually, I will probably get a better box spring. Something really nice, with real dprings, perhaps. I believe that that was the system that that Tennessee Motel had - quality box springs and quality mattresses. I do know that the mattress was about 20" thick. Man, it was as firm as a rock, but a soft rock.

Jun 10, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #18 of 20
King Size all the way. Enough room for the the wife, the 2 kids, 2 cats, and me!!!

Jun 11, 2004 at 12:57 PM Post #19 of 20
I've always had to suffer with single-sized $90 specials from mattress stores. Even though I'm a big guy, I guess I've become immuned to needing a comfortable bed. I don't know if that's lucky or not. And I guess it says alot about my slovenly lifestyle. I'm like Barney in that episode of "The Simpsons" where he gets up from the floor of his kitchen and holds up a conch shell: "Boy, did you ever try sleeping on one of these?" That cracked me up. My life in a nutshell. I don't know why, but when I see these mattresses with $1000+ price tags I just can't believe people have that kind of money around.

Jun 11, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #20 of 20
Chad,

When I was in Pennsylvania there was this close-out store that had mattresses, about 80% off.

Have you ever gotten a college type bed - twin but way longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back