The best protable I can come up with, but $2500
Apr 2, 2005 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kfh227

100+ Head-Fier
Wel, go get one of these:
OQO - model 01 ultra personal computer

It's a fully functional windows XP PC slightly bigger than a PDA. Aobut $2000.

It has USB out, so go get a headroom bit-heat. For $250

Add taxes and that costs $2500.

With the ability to have lossless data files on the PC and USB out so that the very nice bithead can be utilized, this has got to be the best option for Sound quality, albeit at a price.

Oh, add your favorite cans.

Thoughts?
Karl

Apr 2, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 8
oh my lord... never thought i'd see this again

about a year and half ago this guy at the local futureshop whom my friend works with was trying to convince us the OQO was gonna be the next generation in personal technology

what a joke... y anyone would buy such a rediculours thing is beyond me...

it's NOT portable (9" by 4.5" is not slightly bigger than a pda)
it's NOT cheap
it doesn't offer anything that a good PDA doesn't

certainly not for audiophiles... lord... for 2500 dollars i'd buy me one of every popular dap out there... AND have spare change to buy a laptop

godd*mn rediculours...

no offense khf... this just brought up memories of this idiot trying to lay his futureshop-clerk techy crap on us... lol

if it was 500 dollars... then that'd be a different story

-ap0x

Apr 2, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 8
No offense taken. I never looked at hthe dimensions. Jsut that it claimed to be "slightly larger" than a PDA. At 9", that thing is WAY TO BIG!

The big benefit that other PDAs lack though is the USB. The bithead could be used in tandem with this, something I have yet to see in a PDA, although my research int othe matter is very limited. To my kowledge, the bithead requires a windows OS and a USB conenction. I wouldn't spend this much either.

As for the future, this is what things will probably look like in several years. How long until Microsot maxes the PXBox3? I guess the point is that if the PSP works, Microsoft will probably get into that market also...and running a microsoft OS.

But then again, what comes after USB? Firewire is almost dead. Who knbows whath te future may bring. I hope soemthing for hte audiophile does show up though.

Karl

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap0x
oh my lord... never thought i'd see this again

about a year and half ago this guy at the local futureshop whom my friend works with was trying to convince us the OQO was gonna be the next generation in personal technology

what a joke... y anyone would buy such a rediculours thing is beyond me...

it's NOT portable (9" by 4.5" is not slightly bigger than a pda)
it's NOT cheap
it doesn't offer anything that a good PDA doesn't

certainly not for audiophiles... lord... for 2500 dollars i'd buy me one of every popular dap out there... AND have spare change to buy a laptop

godd*mn rediculours...

no offense khf... this just brought up memories of this idiot trying to lay his futureshop-clerk techy crap on us... lol

if it was 500 dollars... then that'd be a different story

-ap0x

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kfh227
With the ability to have lossless data files on the PC and USB out so that the very nice bithead can be utilized, this has got to be the best option for Sound quality, albeit at a price.

Oh, add your favorite cans.

Thoughts?
Karl

For the same price, if you're lucky, you can get my portable rig including the custom IEMs. I have no doubt the Overture + SR-71 has significantly better performance than the bitheads, and the entire package is far more portable too.

Best regards,

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back