The BEST portable rig possible regardless of price.
Dec 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 20
Are you just talking iems? For me it would be westone es5 or jh16. Ify ou are talking full rig that is a hard one. I would an ipod classic with either a Fostex HP-P1 or cypherlabs algorhythm solo with a high end amp.

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 20
Bumping this thread as would also be interested to hear people's thoughts.

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 20
iPod Classic > CLAS > RSA SR-71B > Balanced Cable > UM Miracles -or- Merlins

-or-

iPod Classic > CLAS > JH3A > JH16's

Haven't personally listened to the JH3a setup, but I've heard very good things and I can speak for the first rig... Brilliant.

Personally, I'm waiting for ALO to release a balanced CLAS. It might be over a year away, but in the mean time I'm using a iPod > Zo2 > UM Miracle/Merlin...

My perfect setup is iPod > Balanced CLAS > ALO MK3 > Balanced Cable > UM Miracle/Merlin

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 20
No love for DX100?

Earsonics AMP911 sounds like an interesting TOTL amp that begs to be reviewed. 

averagejoe would also probably claim that the Spiral Ears 5-Way Reference is the best portable on the market. (well, not using those words, but you can tell from the way he describes them 
tongue.gif
)

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 20
Classic> Algorhythm solo> Fiio E17 (In love with the bass and treble boost)> 150 ohm resistor> And lastly a crazy 10+ driver custom IEM from either JH, UM, UE, Fisher, and others if they are able to make something like that.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #8 of 20
Ipod touch -> Twag v2 LOD -> RSA Protector or SR-71b -> Balanced Twag v2 -> Unique Melody Zeus 10 driver monitors

i would use the crystal P cables but they actually suck, especially for 1200 dollars for an IEM cable, twag sounds better too.

oh and the zeus is litterally the best IEM i have ever listened too... but i still love the miracle and the JH16 just isnt my signature, but the ES5 and UE18 dont touch this guy

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 20
ibasso DX100 paired with UM Miracle - *Note* pure speculation on my part.

UM Zeus, where can you find those?

I guess if you don't listen to 24bit music you can settle for an iwhatever.

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #11 of 20

Quote:
No love for DX100?

Earsonics AMP911 sounds like an interesting TOTL amp that begs to be reviewed. 

averagejoe would also probably claim that the Spiral Ears 5-Way Reference is the best portable on the market. (well, not using those words, but you can tell from the way he describes them 
tongue.gif
)

Yes, that Earsonics amp is interesting.

And I claim the 5-way to be technically the best I have heard, but the Hidition NT-6 is not far behind at all.  I do think "the best" is what fits your preferences, which could be the NT-6, 5-way, JH-3A, MH334, etc.  From a source standpoint, I am very impressed with the 801 with the GAME card, but then I haven't heard the DX100 yet (nor the CLAS)...

And the Zeus is a one-off from my understanding and not an official model.

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #15 of 20
Best for me because of the sound quality, form factor + crazy  battery life:

Studio V + Spiral Ear SE5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back